Interior Questions - Door Panels, Seats, Swapping ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior Questions - Door Panels, Seats, Swapping ?'s

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
While I track down this clunk, I have been piecing together and pricing out an interior swap. I currently have most of my interior gutted, as I am finally installing my 4 channel amp, and organizing my runs of 0 gauge I have going through.

I have the camel/tan cloth interior, and hate it. Tan shows every single stain from anything I have on me or my clothes from work, or working on the X. I have sourced some black leather seats, both power and with the airbag so they essentially should bolt in with no issues.

Currently, I only have a power drivers seat so my first question is, what all wires are in the passenger seat harness? They cut the wire loom, so I have the plug with about 8" of wiring which is nice.

Here is the underside of the drivers seat:
3BBD94E9-7DB1-4DBF-B966-8876CA5EC097_zps7yxvctqm.jpg

I have to confirm, but i'm pretty sure mine has the same 2 harnesses plus the yellow airbag plug.

Here is the passenger seat:
Sorry for the weird angle, I had to put my camera down there to snap the pic. The wires are cut where the black harness leaves the picture. So I would have to wire that whole harness. Anybody know what the wires are for? I don't know if the seats are heated.
4B4C1006-FE11-4054-9651-E4B463552C82_zpslxsgtnut.jpg

I am also finding door panels for very good prices, black of course, and I want the 07-10 style with the door grab handle in the arm rest instead of the terribly placed handle near the speaker. I know they should fit the same, but what are the bolt holes like? My 2006 has 2 bolts near the door opener handle, and then one in either side of the grab handle. Obviously the 07 style doesn't have the handle, I assume theres some kind of screw in the handle in the arm rest?

Thanks anyone for any help! I am also looking for second row buckets, and a console but those are rare as all hell. Do those use the same mounting holes as the bench? I wouldn't mind not having the console right away as i'm gonna order new carpet and could just not cut the holes in the middle so it would look fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be airbag, seat pressure sensor and seatbelt

and

where are you finding parts for these trucks?

I thought the airbag had its own yellow connector? I could be wrong. But with the power seat, is it essentially just adding a power and ground to get it to function or is there more to it?

Anybody have a wiring diagram? The guy called and left me a message saying he'd take $100 per, im gonna offer him a few bucks less and go pick them up right now. Black carpet came in yesterday, she's gonna look sharp.

Picked them up, have mine ripped out and I also just found out from the tag on the seat, that they're heated. Would love to figure out what modules and such I need, but that's low on my list. The harness that my X has is identical minus 3 wires. I would assume power to the seat motors, power for the heat which would be controlled by a standalone unit? And a ground which is shared by both?

One is a large black wire w/ green stripe, 2 is a gray wire with blue stripe and then the other side has a yellow wire with red stripe. Pics as soon as photobucket finishes

8D0B7439-96AD-46A0-8075-C94E665A9E87_zps10ceoto0.jpg

Just plugged drivers in and have no movement. There is a second large connector on that seat that I do not have. There is also some kind of module on the bottom, is that the heated seat controller or would that be for a memory seat?

Back