Interior rear view mirror jammed in night time view | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior rear view mirror jammed in night time view

Bullmeister

Reaction score
City, State
col0orado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Exploder
Purchased a used 2010 Eddie Bauer that has a interior rear view mirror locked in the night time view, which obviously is troublesome during the day. Any idea on how to re-establish normal driving condition? In addition, the starter motor half the time will not disengage after having been turned on for about 10 seconds. Thinking fuel filter, starter motor, or? The other half the time it works fine..........so confused

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Purchased a used 2010 Eddie Bauer that has a interior rear view mirror locked in the night time view, which obviously is troublesome during the day. Any idea on how to re-establish normal driving condition? In addition, the starter motor half the time will not disengage after having been turned on for about 10 seconds. Thinking fuel filter, starter motor, or? The other half the time it works fine..........so confused
are you saying the starter does not disengage for 10 seconds after being started? so for 10 seconds it is still engaged? i dont thin the fuel filter would stop it from disengaging, unless you mean you have to crank it for 10 seconds.

The rear view mirror in my 07 EB is automatic so it sounds like you probably have a bad sensor which is located in the mirror. Unfortunately I do not know if it dims on power or the other way around but the first thing I would do is check for power at the mirror and then disconnect it to see if it undims. Likely though the power is off when it's not running - is it still dimmed when it's not running?

Or the battery junction fuse box starter relay remains stucked.

Or starter wiring shorted somewhere

Back