iPhone 6 SE and MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone 6 SE and MFT

MikB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 F150 XLT Sport 4x4
Ok, I did a search to find some answers on upgrading my iPhone 4s to a 6 SE and I'm not finding anything.

So, I am exploring the idea of upgrading my iPhone to said 6SE. My question has more to do with how well the newer iPhones play with MFT. Does the 'apps' feature in MFT work with the newer iPhone's? What are the benefits of this upgrade?

Ok, I did a search to find some answers on upgrading my iPhone 4s to a 6 SE and I'm not finding anything.

So, I am exploring the idea of upgrading my iPhone to said 6SE. My question has more to do with how well the newer iPhones play with MFT. Does the 'apps' feature in MFT work with the newer iPhone's? What are the benefits of this upgrade?

Everything should work as it has. The newer phone will perform much faster than your older 4S, but the MFT system will be your bottleneck for performance, like most in-car systems. The apps that you're using shouldn't have any problems running on the newer phone. If you use Apple Music or iTunes Match and keep your music on the cloud, performance for streaming that music over Bluetooth should improve. That's about it.

The "apps" feature in MFT doesn't work at all, regardless of what phone you use. Never has, never will.

Thank you folks, for your response. I figured the 'apps' feature would not work but, wasn't sure. My MFT has the 3.8v installed so, I pretty much know what the update included as a enhancement. I was just wondering if using a newer version of iPhone would also add to that. If not, that's OK. I need to update my phone anyway :D. But, thanks for the help :thumbsup:.

By the way, I just want to say that much of the current selection of 'emodies' on this board are quite juvenile...aren't they. JMO

Back