Is a 96 Explorer overhead console compatible with my 2000 Ranger? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is a 96 Explorer overhead console compatible with my 2000 Ranger?

CherryRellik

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I have no idea which years of parts are compatible with which. I'd like to do the overhead console mod, and a guy on my local Craigslist has an overhead console from a 96 for sale. Anyone know if this will work in my 2000 Ranger XLT?

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it is compatable. I did this modification to my 2001 Ranger without issue about 5+ yrs ago. There are excellent instructions located here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/3 Just make sure the overhead console has the bracket and temperature sender (probe). There are different models of overhead console. Some models have the sunroof switch some have a compartment for garage door openers. If you don't have a sunroof, which you wouldn't on a ranger that type may be less desireable.

Thanks for the heads-up on the overhead console. Hopefully the guy still has his laying around, and I can snag it pretty cheap. Incidentally, how much did you pay for yours?

Cherry- if his is gone, hit up kbabiak or ped5stang or one of hte other vendors on here, they probably have one laying around. I know they're a dime a dozen in the pick 'n pull yards up here. You will also need the temp sensor for the outside temp, so if he doesn't have that part, you'll need to get one...

I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for all the info, fellas. I'm actually reading the how-to on the overhead console right now.

Back