Is this a normal idle sound?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this a normal idle sound?!

16EBBOY

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer V6
Well i have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 and ive never really noticed it but when idling at stop lights and what not i dont really hear the engine, i hear a humming sound. is this the sound of the V6 or is this a problematic symptom of an upcoming problem? It drives fine starts up everytime just kinda curious about this home. is it normal??

Well i have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 and ive never really noticed it but when idling at stop lights and what not i dont really hear the engine, i hear a humming sound. is this the sound of the V6 or is this a problematic symptom of an upcoming problem? It drives fine starts up everytime just kinda curious about this home. is it normal??

Is that with the A/C running? Sounds like the same sound that comes from a dirty IAC...Which only happened for me when the A/C was on and I was at an idle on very hot days.

Chris

yes i think it is on, so i have a dirty IAC maybe? The idle is strong and not surging or floaty its just that hum that im curious about..

yes i think it is on, so i have a dirty IAC maybe? The idle is strong and not surging or floaty its just that hum that im curious about..

I never had an idling problem with my dirty IAC valve. Just the humming or howling, as I called it. It's easy to remove, clean, and reinstall. Just make sure you use an electronics parts cleaner, not Gumout or anything like that. Do a search on this forum. That's how I deduced and fixed the problem. Cheaper than $100+ for a new valve.

Chris

Back