• Register Today It's free!

Is this correct?

Vanquish502

Reaction score
City, State
Kitchener, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
91EB, 91EB, 92XLT
One time going down the highway I noticed that at 100km/h(60 MPH) that the RPM was sitting at around 3100RPM. Before this point, I could have sworn that it was never that high.

Should the RPM seriously be that high? That's with OD on, and I know it works. If you take OD off, the RPM jumps to around 4400.

I just cant remember it ever being that high at highway speeds.

Truck has the stock size tires, and 3.08 gears...

Is it possible its not shifting into 4th gear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That seems way too high to me...

I have 3.73 gears and a Lower (numerically higher) OD @ .79:1, on my M5OD Manual Transmission. When I am going 65mph, then engine is RIGHT AT 3,000 rpms. This is also done with a 29.2" tire

Ryan

Sounds like your torque converter is failing to lock up. Try letting off the gas at about 60mph or so and then reapplying the gas to maintain speed. The RPM's should go up and then drop down a few hundred RPM.

When youre doing 100 @ 3100, and let off the gas, it feels like downshifting with a manual. The RPM drops quickly along with the speed.

It doesnt maintain any speed when you let off the gas, doesnt try to roll or anything. Instant decelleration.

60 MPH @3100 rpm, you are not in high or OD. I turn 2000 rpm @ 65 MPH all stock tires. Check your linkage and make sure you are really where you think you are.

yeah ur overdrive is def not in.. ur not getting an "O/D OFF" light blinking in ur dash?

OD OFF light? It's a 92.

ahah oh, i didnt know the 1st gens didnt have an OD OFF indicator

nope the A4LD uses a P N R OD D 2 1 shifter
the later models use P N R D 2 1 with a button :)

Back