It's Finally Here: Gen 2 Calhoun Lowering Springs Group Buy! Don't Miss Out! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's Finally Here: Gen 2 Calhoun Lowering Springs Group Buy! Don't Miss Out!

psycareyo

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA Supercharged
After a few emails tossed around, Andy has agreed to make some drop springs for us!

This is a group buy. We're looking at $1,000 shipped individually.

The group buy is $855 shipped foran order of 5 or more at once.

You should expect an average of 1.3" drop front and rear.

It takes 6-8 weeks from the date Andy locks in the order until you have them.

Payment in ful upon locking in your spot.

Send via Paypal to andycalhoun@gmail.com

Please post here if you're interested!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be the first! Once we get some names down, you can all contact Andy and send him the payment.

I would be all over this if, it was more than a 1.3 drop. I am at 3" now and just need something to make it a little stiffer of a ride.

you're not at a 3 inch drop on a gen2 sport trac.

Their half shafts go through the actual frame. anything over 1.5" would be dangerous.

So, for gen 2 ST owners.... this is as good as it gets.

I yie - I am interested for sure, but $855 is a stretch for the 1". Let me mull this one over. Might rather put the cash into brakes first.

This is neither a forum group buy, nor is "Andy" a forum vendor. Just so everyone knows, you are on your own when sending a payment.

You have got to be kidding me 1000 dollars for springs that is ridiculous. I can buy shocks for my cobra for around 550 and this is jsut springs. I know what your going to say there only making a few sets. I don't care that is insane.

Honestly, I think the pricing is insane. The difference is, as you said, product demand. Very low production run. There are a lot more Cobra Mustangs buyers out there looking for springs.

I'm not pulling the trigger unless I can get this done for less. I was hoping 10 people would sign up and we could get another discount.

That is just too much. Not enough money to go around. $500 or $600 I would probably do it.

Honestly, I think the pricing is insane. The difference is, as you said, product demand. Very low production run. There are a lot more Cobra Mustangs buyers out there looking for springs.

I'm not pulling the trigger unless I can get this done for less. I was hoping 10 people would sign up and we could get another discount.

Did you ever get 10 sign ups for the lowering springs from Calhoun? I'm interested as well...

Nope. I engineered my own from the ground up and they are in prototype now. I have a set for sale now.

I know a guy with an STA who simply had his cut.

There is a reason why people done just run around cutting their springs to lower their vehicles.

I'd suggest hitting up google for about 15minutes before making a post like the above.

Other than the fact that you have just removed inches and left the rate the same and now have less spring at the oem rate do deal with the vehicle's weight....it's dangerous and extremely difficult to cut all springs the same.

It's been done. There are a couple ST guys on the other forum that have done it with mixed results.

For a 4000 pound truck....I wouldn't cut anything.

Back