Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok i couldnt stand the color there. This makes me feel a little better.
EF-Street-Decal.jpg
looks like you need more filler around the door handle area from the reflection

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didnt fix a dent in the truck. Its a trail truck. I just wanted to see what i could do on my first paint job

I have a square tube one just not much time to change it. I need to cause i need to use the drop hitch to two a trailer

I have a square tube one just not much time to change it. I need to cause i need to use the drop hitch to two a trailer

Put a built in receiver on it :D. Throw on a spare tire carrier too hehe. BTW i really like that pic from the back of it.

Back