Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you ant kidding. Ship it and fly out. It would be nice to do that

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

UPDATE

I added two stickers. This is a camera phone pic so the color sucks.
ef_street_sticker.jpg

Ok i couldnt stand the color there. This makes me feel a little better.
EF-Street-Decal.jpg

I like that you went with that sticker! its sweet, I want my rims to look like that

So originally i was just going to repaint the 92 silver after i do the body work but after reading through this thread and getting some ideas, looks like i'mma have do something a bit more unqiue.

Any progress on the tailgate?

Yes i forgot to load that pic. I got it all done but the text which will be done in vynal when i get the time to go to the shop and have them make it.

Give me just a few

Thanks man

Yeah i want to do both. The bumper stick out way to far. I want the winch to be as far back as it can be.

I had never thought of the rear chrome going black. I like that.

Looks good Burns

my suggestion would be to paint the rear window surround black too

Jon that would be nice but im going to wait for the next suspension before i do any major powder work on this one. You will have some work to do for sure.

After tellico of 08 this suspension is going away.

And i will get to the bumper and the window treatment this week. Gonna make them both black. Just been a little slow on the windows.

as someone said earlier, looks amazing for a garage paint job.

i'm doing my own first generation a custom pearl silver in the spring, i hope it turns out like yours (quality). makes me want to start tomorrow!

-josh

Just take your time. Take your time. Take your time. And one more thing. Take your time.

I could have done better but i rushed it a little.

I my have said this to you before but its all in the prep work. The more you do there the better it will go while shooting the paint on.

Keep us updated on the pearl in the spring

Back