• Register Today It's free!

James Duff 2.5 lift

budha24

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Does anyone have the James Duff 2.5" lift on their gen 1 Xplorer. If so can you tell me your opinion. I am trying to decide what lift kit I want. I off road fields and trails mostly nothing to insane, and I am mainly looking for ground clearance and comfort. Eventhough anything should help with comfort I have the original shocks on my 93. I have been waiting for my lift kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love it - but now wish it was higher. I'm looking to possibly add coil spacers and SOA for about 4 inches total. The ride is nice but it you're going to want to go big eventually - do it now. The kit was a ***** to install.

I have it and I like it a lot. I too wish it was higher though. Sometimes it doesn't look like its even lifted and sometimes it looks really good. I plan on putting spacers in the front and doing a spring over in the rear and attempt to make it match the front. But as far as the ride it has, I really like it. It handles twice as good as when it was stock. I though the installation was quite easy on mine. Everything fit great.

I got 3.5" for my B2 and I love it. I beat it pretty good and it just keeps on taking it.
I do wish it wasn't quite as stiff though...
-James

I just bought it and I hope its gonna be sweet.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, but it is my understanding that James Duff is going to start making a 4" for the explorer.
Joe

for the price and what you want to do you cannot beat it anywhere! ive had it for the last three years.the only issuse have been i cracked the add a leaves,but replaced them with pro comps 2.5 ones,and the coil springs sagged on me, but i called j.d and ordered a 3.5-4" set and it is perfect! oh yeah as for shocks well they went out after about a year and a half,but i replaced the with pro comps monotubes mx6,s.these are very minor problems. this is a great kit for the price let us know how it goes.it took me and a freind a total of 16 hous to do the lift well including pizza breaks and stuff,the rivets were the most challenging part ,there not as easy as some would think but be patient and it can be done.

This is the lift I want to do on my 91 sport, along with a 2 or 3 inch BL. Does any one have underbody and side profile pics of a Sport with a similar setup?

Originally posted by jrgaylor
I wish I would have seen this earlier, but it is my understanding that James Duff is going to start making a 4" for the explorer.
Joe

I talked with the people at Duff and they said they are just talking about making a 4" lift.

Back