• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Jamest's 74 Bronco buildup

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Ahaha thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
Okay, i got the crossmember chopped for tracbar clearance.

If you're doing this to an early Bronco, i would NOT recommend doing it this way without a secondary crossmember like i have for the steering box. Doing this weakens the factory crossmember just a tad... of course it doesnt matter with the steering box Xmember right in front of it.

A better way would be to cut it all out and build a new one, but after planning this i realized i would really need to pull the motor to have total access to weld it all up. Im under a timeline here, so i just chopped the bottom off and plated it with some 3/16".

The silver line is for reference, and is even with the bottom of the framerails. The cut line is even with the bottom of the front of the oil pan-

Attachments

• bronco15.jpg
    bronco15.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 132
  • bronco16.jpg
    bronco16.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 133

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State