jayhawkexplorer's elite registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jayhawkexplorer's elite registry

I'm Kyle Rohde, a 22 year old college student from Delafield, Wisconsin. I'm a senior at the University of Kansas. I'm an advertising major and after I graduate in May, I hope to work for an ad agency in Kansas City or another midwestern city. Eventually, I hope to work in brand management for a car company. I plan on buying myself an '06 Mustang after I've been out of school for a year or so, and then I hope to start playing with my truck a little bit. Since it won't be my DD, I should hopefully be able to afford to play in the mud, and hopefully go to Moab sometime because that place looks absolutely amazing. I joined the site after about a year of being a free member; I figure this site has saved me a couple hundred dollars in repair costs so $30 was nothing I couldn't afford. Here's a few pics:

19159stuck_full.jpg

19159DSCN1815_full.jpg

19159DSCN1805_full.jpg

19159DSCN1784_full.jpg

EDIT Well I'm now a graduate of the University of Kansas. I've been working for a marketing/advertising agency in Kansas City since graduation in May. I live in Mission, Kansas, a suburb right on the edge of the city and I love it so far.

The Explorer is up to 108,000 miles and still running well. Its got a few issues, but what 9 year old vehicle doesn't. I broke the seatback adjustment handle off on the driver side, there's rust forming on the inside bottom edge of all 5 doors, its mysteriously died on me twice with the wheel cranked all the way to the right at low speed, but I'm not worried. Its still getting 17-18 in mixed driving and getting me where I need to go. The only plans I've got for it now are changing out the diff fluids, flushing the radiator, and finally getting rid of the stock shocks which are horribly worn out now. Monroe Reflexes coming soon! In the spring, I'm planning on going camping and riding the scenic trails in Colorado with it.

The Mustang will have to wait for a while. Entry level pay sucks and I can't even imagine paying for a brand new 35K car right now. Within 2 more years I hope I've got one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What have you got planned for it so far?

Plans? keeping it running well and looking good for a long time, so it can be my DD until I get my Stang, then my bad-weather vehicle/cargo hauling vehicle. Lame I know, but that's about all I can afford right now. I wish I could wheel it, but I can't afford the inevitable repairs. If I have the money and it still runs well in the far off future, I'd like to SAS it and maybe have 35"s. Nothing too crazy, but enough to let me get around Moab and see that place.

Dang, nobody's posted on my Elite Registry for a while. I'd kind of forgotten about it. See the edits above, thanks for the comment JT.

I would go ahead and take care of the simple maintenance and then go wheelin' (not too hard though) i know the Ex can take abuse, plus the parts that do break are cheap(Its ford) and easy to fix. But nice, clean looking Explorer bro.

Back