Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Its time for new tires.. and the lift. Looks like we are going to go with the JD 2.5" lift. My questions is what do they do (if anything) to the axle pivot? I know its a drop bracket for the radius arm bushing but I can't tell from the pictures of the parts if they do anything to the pivot bushings. At 171,000 its time to replace them (I think I found my clunk). I can see the bushing is gone and would like replace it at the same time. Anyone know if the lift will effect my changing of the bushing? and any suggestions or concerns about the JD 2.5" lift please let me know. We are looking to put on the 31" tires on with it.. Depending on what gears are in there.. (need to check that tonight)

Mark

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies

31's no problem...JD lift is good quality. It comes with radius arm bushings but not axle pivot bushing. I suggest you buy them separate and replace them. There are drop brackets for the axles as well. To change the pivot bushings I suggest mickey-mousing a forcing tool out of a large C-clamp, some metal pipe and a large washer. I also drilling out the bushings as much as possible before pressing.

Good luck

Dale

Back