Jingle Jangle and Grunts

general01

Reaction score
City, State
Hazleton pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer Sport
Hello All,
I bought a 2001 Explorer Sport 4x4 about 4 months ago. i love the vehicle but this thing makes more noises than I have ever seen in previous explorers.
starting at about 50mph I hear a jingling noise which sounds like santas sleigh
and refuses to go away. my passenger seat rattles nosily when the going gets rough and it is quite annoying. Sometimes I hear grunts and groans from the drivetrain ant all different times. I have been told that these are normal for this type of vehicle because the wheel base is short. And the suspension is harder than Japanese Arithmetic. Please any 01 Sport owners please let me know if you put up with these annoying attributes with your vehicles. My Explorer just turned 76,000 miles. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my passenger seat rattles a little bit on rough roads but its just a loose bolt because when someone sits in the seat it doesnt rattle. and my suspension is a little squeaky but thats probably because im due for a tune up and a session with my wd-40. and the drive train thing might be your belt tensioner. when i hit the accelerator the front end seems to make a little bit a of a noise until i get around 3k rpm or so (give or take, i havent driven it since august when i left for college so i could be off with that number) and then it goes away when the belt gets tight against the pulleys again im guessing.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I'm to busy beating mine up to notace the squeaks and rattles.:D

Back