• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Joe's new ride

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Got insurance on it today and fixed the vibration (bad u-joint) and new spark plug wires, so now it is running pretty good needs a new muffler and some interior pieces replaced but I am going to start daily driving it since the kid totalled his camaro and is driving our van now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
So the camo paint job is on hold for a while? Is your kid ok?

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
The kid is fine, But he is having dealing with the insurance company.
I had intended not to put any money in the front end because I am going to put a EB44 there, but the front rotors had some warpage in them so I put some cheap rotors and wheel bearings in from Oreilly's and I installed a new thermostat now the rig gets up to temp instead of luke warm.

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
The kid is fine, But he is having dealing with the insurance company.
I had intended not to put any money in the front end because I am going to put a EB44 there, but the front rotors had some warpage in them so I put some cheap rotors and wheel bearings in from Oreilly's and I installed a new thermostat now the rig gets up to temp instead of luke warm.
You just can't win. The BII gets too hot and the Ex won't heat up. Where's the middle ground?

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Thanks to TOTALLED I have a EB44 sitting in the garage now:thumbsup:

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
next step...exo cage :D

Totalled

Reaction score
City, State
Tumwater, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII Eddie Bauer
And then...? :p:

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Picked up a 4.10 disc brake 8.8 rear today so don't have to mess with gears now.
Now I am looking for linear rate 4-6" lift early bronco coil springs and early bronco trac-bar.

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Forrest has some 3.5" (I think) james duff EB coils off his ranger and I have a track bar that was under mine.

Abe Lincoln

Reaction score
City, State
wilkeson wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ranger R.I.P B deuce
Coils are yours if you want them, they serve no purpose for me, should also have some factory radius arms soon. Let me know if your interested.

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Coils are yours if you want them, they serve no purpose for me, should also have some factory radius arms soon. Let me know if your interested.
I am interested, I also am looking for 1 end cap for a radius arm and 2 lower coil spring seats and retainer.
I got about 4 months to get this rig ready for this winter

Abe Lincoln

Reaction score
City, State
wilkeson wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
:banghead: I just took two end caps to the scrap yard last weekend, I do have the lower buckets and retainers though. Sounds like we need to set up a naches run in mid to late August so I can get some parts to you:party:

Abe Lincoln

Reaction score
City, State
wilkeson wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
update, i have end caps for you now too. went and picked up some duff arms today and grabbed the end caps for you

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
update, i have end caps for you now too. went and picked up some duff arms today and grabbed the end caps for you
Thanks, where did you find the duff arm?
I started swapping out my rear this last weekend and remembered how much I dislike working on nonlifted rigs.

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
I remember how much I hate working at home without a lift in my shop... screw work, lets just go wheelin! Did you get a new tire for the Bronco?

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I remember how much I hate working at home without a lift in my shop... screw work, lets just go wheelin! Did you get a new tire for the Bronco?
No tire yet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.