• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Joe's new ride

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
this site needs a "like" button...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT

Attachments

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I put some 5 1/2" coils in the front and decided to take them out and keep the 3 1/2" coils, Once I have weight in the back it will level out.
I used the old shocks off the rear of my dodge on the front to take it out for a test drive and it did well. trimmed the front fenders alittle and need to do a little more.

Attachments

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Have any trips planed yet?

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Not a big fan of the detroit locker, have Andy show you the pile of broken ones he has. I am impressed with the yukon grizzly, one of the few yukon products I do like. Chris and I had good luck with them and Andy has yet to destroy his....
Been looking for one of those grizzy lockers for the 8.8, I don't seem to be finding anyone have a part number?

ricky8587

Reaction score
City, State
Renton, Washington May Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
When I was shopping for 8.8 lockers a year ago Yukon didn't have one for it. Yukon website only lists a LS unit right now. Seems odd for a pretty popular axle

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
When I was shopping for 8.8 lockers a year ago Yukon didn't have one for it. Yukon website only lists a LS unit right now. Seems odd for a pretty popular axle
This is the reply I got

"Sorry, they do not offer the Grizzly locker for the 8.8 yet. Let us know if you are interested in another locker"

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Been looking for one of those grizzy lockers for the 8.8, I don't seem to be finding anyone have a part number?
I ordered a power trax no slip for the rear, I was hoping I would have it installed before the 22nd but I got a notice saying it was going to ship from factory in 7-14 days

ricky8587

Reaction score
City, State
Renton, Washington May Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Me and Jim (in his Navajo) running that locker with no issues at all. Very happy. Seems like I had to wait a couple weeks for delivery too via Summit racing

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Me and Jim (in his Navajo) running that locker with no issues at all. Very happy. Seems like I had to wait a couple weeks for delivery too via Summit racing
I had one back in '05 with my first explorer and it was trouble free.
I ordered a winch tray from summit Tuesday morning and I got it tonight:thumbsup:

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
Mounted the winch and finished trimming the fenders, Had it on 2 wheels in the back yard.
Need to modify the frame mount for the track bar mount and trim the engine crossmember for a little bit more clearance at the tie rod.

Attachments

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I have lost interest in this, it is going up for sale

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score