Just bought 09 XLT and need help with autolamp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought 09 XLT and need help with autolamp

Detroit77

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 explorer xlt

Hey there ! I just picked up a beautiful nearly mint Colorado Red 09 XLT 4WD and love it! I have a wierd question tho. I see it has an autolamp function (the A on the headlight switch) but it doesn't seem to work. If I have it in that position it does nothing day or night.
Everything works perfectly otherwise. Outside of the blower only working in 3 and 4 but that's just the resistor and easy to fix.

It's not a huge pain to switch the lights off and on obviously. I was born in the 70s so it's still a luxury to me lol. However I'd like to fix it. Anyone else had this problem?

This thing is beautiful and it matches my Mustang :)

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lights 2.jpg

From this link

So you checked the set up menu in the display? If so, I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Not sure where the 'A' that you are seeing came from. The previous poster showed the switch that looks like my 07 switch. If it's in that position and doesn't work then you likely need a new switch.
Having said that - if you bought it used then don't discount that the previous owner thought they could just put a new switch in and it would work. It's not that simple. There is a sensor involved.

Not sure where the 'A' that you are seeing came from. The previous poster showed the switch that looks like my 07 switch. If it's in that position and doesn't work then you likely need a new switch.
Having said that - if you bought it used then don't discount that the previous owner thought they could just put a new switch in and it would work. It's not that simple. There is a sensor involved.
Ha! Good thought! I'll check the switch tomorrow and see. Thanks for all the help folks. Your the best!

IMG_20201124_200730.jpg

So you checked the set up menu in the display? If so, I'm sorry I couldn't help.
I appreciate you taking the time

Ha! Good thought! I'll check the switch tomorrow and see. Thanks for all the help folks. Your the best!

View attachment 324768
Well it definitely has the Autolamp icon so I'll have to take the switch out and look at it. Your probably right. I'm wondering if it's just buggered. Luckily they are easy to replace .

20201126_150819.jpg

Back