Just bought 2015 sport, loss of power | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought 2015 sport, loss of power

both waste gates run off a tee from a solenoid at the top of the manifold on the drivers side, applying pressure should actuate the waste gates to DUMP boost. Yes do NOT apply unregulated pressure over 20psi directly to this hose (unless you want to do damage) if you think you have this issue while watching the actuators move with the engine off, if anyone feels like playing around with their engine out of warranty. I guess theyre saying the rod might be stuck dumping boost sometimes.

Don't know what failsafe these engines have but on older turbo engines removing or having this line damaged will over boost and you will have the inside parts of the engine lying on the road when driving.

Its the thingamajig on the bottom left in this picture with the rod at the end of the cylinder X 2

ompanys-ecoboost-v-6-engine-3-5-liters_100181946_l.jpg

Looks like the waste gate actuator bolts onto a flange on the turbo. Seems to me that could be replaced separately from the turbo.

Im not sure if ford services that as a separate item, but Turbosmart does sell an aftermarket piece. Not sure how well a stock computer would react by modifying the boost.

Anyone super bored out there and have a turbo lying around to see if they fit, but yea its still easier and cheaper to just plug in a tune:D

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Wastegates-Actuators_2/

Update:

Well the dealer has still had my ex since my last post, (about a week) and said that even though they were able to finally duplicate my loss of power and even though the mechanic is guessing it is a issue with one of the turbos; Ford will not allow them to make any repair until they duplicate it again, this time with the diagnostics hooked up. Ford wants confirmation from the diagnostics of the issue before they authorize a repair since my vehicle refuses to ever throw a code.

So after this 3 month long battle of "sorry can't duplicate" they finally did duplicate and now were playing "sorry we need to duplicate 2 times or no repair!" Anybody who has been following my issue knows that the worst part about my power loss is that it only happens every several weeks and when it does there is no engine light or code. I made the dealership and mechanic well aware of this when I first brought it in and have reiterated that numerous times now. You have to wait until the planets and moons align just right before this car will lose power again.

They are now asking me for permission to have the mechanic drive my vehicle home each day until it it hopefully acts up. I am shocked at how I am being treated. Its not my fault my explorer was made as a lemon and wont ever give a code, This is my 3rd dealership for this problem, I've ran out of dealerships in my area. I have tried to call the service manager and I'm always told hes out of the office. His voicemail is not even available.

I have owned Jeeps, Chevy's and GMC vehicles and although they have all been to the dealer at some time or another, and I may not have always been 100% happy with the service, I have NEVER experienced this kind of treatment as I have from Ford dealerships. I don't care if they eventually get this problem resolved, I will NEVER buy another Ford product EVER again.

So now my vehicle is going to be driven by a mechanic as their daily driver to work what will probably turn out to be weeks and weeks, and miles and miles tacked on to my car, to find out how to repair my vehicle, I'm speechless.

Back