• Register Today It's free!

Just got jacked...

nonameputs

Reaction score
City, State
Danville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XL
Sadly it's true. Last night I had someone bust out my back window and take my subs and amp. It was nothing fancy, but they will be missed. Oh well. Anyway, I need something to cover the hatch with, what do you guys suggest?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow that sux, you dont have the stock cargo cover??? My 92 came with one

nonameputs said:
Sadly it's true. Last night I had someone bust out my back window and take my subs and amp. It was nothing fancy, but they will be missed. Oh well. Anyway, I need something to cover the hatch with, what do you guys suggest?

maybe that clear tarp material? you can get it at home depot, lowes, etc.. some use a garbage bag, but then you cant see out.

well it's only for one day, being memorial day everything is closed. I'm going up to the junk yard tomorrow to see if I can get a window. My x is a 97, I know that nothing newer than that will fit but what about older? Anyone have any idea?

nonameputs said:
well it's only for one day, being memorial day everything is closed. I'm going up to the junk yard tomorrow to see if I can get a window. My x is a 97, I know that nothing newer than that will fit but what about older? Anyone have any idea?
95-97 should be the same.

Get a cargo cover while you're there.

well I have one, but the box was too tall.

buy a bed sheet and put that over. I have a white sheet covering mine.
What did you have back there?

i use a blue packing blanket since it is a little heavier and wont comform to the box to well..so they wont be able to tell wha tit is

next system u get, be sure to bolt it down, also take photo documentation for insurance purposes.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to get a new window for back there?

'91-'97 should work Tint may be different though. In '97 they started using black tint instead of reflective tint.

Im a person that usually holds onto all the product boxes(well atleast car products) and that paid off when i had my stuff jacked, I could proof to the lady wit ht he boxes of the sub/amp/radio, and all that, I even could prove with some picture i took to psot on here a while ago, also try and hold onto all your reciepts.. This will all help with the insurance claim, if you goto make one, And a FYI- Most insurance companys wont cover it unless its bolted down, I hada tool box that was also stolen, it was 150pc Craftsmen, but they couldnt cover it since it wast bolted down. Also dotn even try getting CD's covered.... if they stole yours, liek they stole my 200+ collection of cd's, Theives SUCK!

BTW what kinda system you have? The system i had was crappy, but they still wanted to steal it, my old system was a Walmart Pioneer,Walmart Box, and a Walmart VR-3 amp, whole thing cost under a 100$, and i didnt even buy the sub or box, and friend gave it to me.....

Hope you get everythign resolved...

-Caleb

Well I for 1 am terribly sorry to hear this. Did you take any protective measures of security? Alarms, guns, dogs, kids, a mad ex wife on PMS, anything to protect it? This is my worst fear of my new install. But have spent over 3K just in security measures. But I know, if they want it, they will get it. I just haven't figured out a way to keep them from towing my Explorer off while in a parking lot. That is the only way that many people have told me that my stuff could get jacked. Other than turning the steering wheel each time when parking, but I just know that will be forgotten at a crucial time.

XplorerKid said:
Im a person that usually holds onto all the product boxes(well atleast car products) and that paid off when i had my stuff jacked, I could proof to the lady wit ht he boxes of the sub/amp/radio, and all that, I even could prove with some picture i took to psot on here a while ago, also try and hold onto all your reciepts.. This will all help with the insurance claim, if you goto make one, And a FYI- Most insurance companys wont cover it unless its bolted down, I hada tool box that was also stolen, it was 150pc Craftsmen, but they couldnt cover it since it wast bolted down. Also dotn even try getting CD's covered.... if they stole yours, liek they stole my 200+ collection of cd's, Theives SUCK!

BTW what kinda system you have? The system i had was crappy, but they still wanted to steal it, my old system was a Walmart Pioneer,Walmart Box, and a Walmart VR-3 amp, whole thing cost under a 100$, and i didnt even buy the sub or box, and friend gave it to me.....

Hope you get everythign resolved...

-Caleb
..i made sure to add to my insurance policy so it covered crap inside the car..costs me $20 more a month i think if that..but it is deff worth it since they will cover upto 10k in crap

IAmTodd said:
'91-'97 should work Tint may be different though. In '97 they started using black tint instead of reflective tint.

My 97 still has the reflective tint, in 98 they did the flat black.. you almost had it correct ;) ;) ;) ;)

nonameputs said:
Does anyone know how much it will cost to get a new window for back there?

Call around to various shops and junk yards. Unfortunately, that piece of glass will probably be more expensive than a side window b/c of the electronics..

And MattStarr, why did you just IM me like 8 times, pretending to be soooo durnk that you cludn't evne type? (Yet post here in a nice cohierent manner) Poser :nono: :p

Hokie said:
And MattStarr, why did you just IM me like 8 times, pretending to be soooo durnk that you cludn't evne type? (Yet post here in a nice cohierent manner) Poser :nono: :p

Oh go puke in the toilet!! LOL

i have a spare back window with the defrost and tint just laying around in my garage. i'll give it to you for 5 bucks plus the shipping. its out of a 94. just needs to be cleaned and what not.

let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....looks like somebody didnt read my Audio Security thread.
Im really sorry for you man. Thats my worst fear.... Can you get the stuff inside your car insured if you have Liability coverage?

Back