Just Got My Apten Flip Chip

rich98sport

Reaction score
City, State
Chula vista ,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Just Got My Apten Flip Chip for OHV engine

Just Got My Apten Chip And All I have To Say Is "whoo- hoo!!" Firmmer Shifts And quicker throttle response. higher shift points and more power all the way through the power band very easy install, well worth the money.

"UGGH Cave Man Rich Like Shiny New Switch" "Switch Go Up switch go down" "More Shiny Switchs to come"
:{)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have the ohv engine, or the sohc engine?

Hi, SlickRick I have the OHV engine. I got The chip set up for 91 octane and 87 octane Performance. The tranny now shifts alot firmer and shift points are setup for my 33 inch tires.

thanx for the reply.

Can you also tell me what the extra power is like? How much did the flip chip run you? Do you notice any difference on the 87 octane setting?

Another thing you should do is messure is your fuel economy @ the 91 octane setting ( this will take time, like 5-6 full tanks ). Anyway, any info that you can provide us with will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance!

Hi SlickRick . I can feel the extra power through out the RPM range From Idle to WOT Before the truck always felt like it was straining. Now the rpms come alot quicker and the tranny now shifts alot firmer. the cost was a little high $325.00 but i got more HP and power with this than when i bought my K&N generation II Kit which
was just a little cheaper. I have'nt tried the 87 yet
i will pobably after a couple of tanks of 91 to see how my gas usage is. all in all i would highly recomend the chip. A soon as i have the numbers I will post them.
Brian from apten was very cool about helping me ask
him anyhting you want to know about the chip and he
can help you with the way you want your chip set up.
ie. 87 best milage, 91 performance and stock or like mine 87 performance ,91performance and stock. he can
burn a chip pretty much for anything you want.

Thanx man, that was cool.Happy trails, and let us know when you find out more info on the hp, torque/ and mileage.

Back