Just got the Apten Chip! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got the Apten Chip!

ok, thanks man, whats next for that money pit you call an explorer :):)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the tank goes down faster for the second half in all cars that measure the gas tank contents volumetrically. in order to get a true reading you need to use fuel pressure.

take a road trip while your at it.. lol
cross country, im sure you'll be able to find some places to stay..

Hopefully my new chip will be in when you get here.....

Black, run 4 tanks then get the average from those 4 tanks. That should give you the closest number. My truck new..NEW...spanking new....never made it past 230 per tank. This was bone stock. I am not saying you're bullshitting, I just find it hard to believe you are getting 16.5 after hard driving when highway mileage is 19. Do you drive only highway?

What yr did you get yours? I am thinking they updated the systems. I bought mine March of 2000, back in the day when it was stock it was fast as hell...to me anyway. Now with 3.73's and 33's I get a constant 15 mpg. Do you run 92 octane with that chip?

Sounds like you have a tight whip. That would be a reference to "Tight Whips" by 504 Boys, a must have for your truck. :p

Unfortunately 10-20 hp gains on 92 octane for 250+shipping doesn't have me sold.

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport

Unfortunately 10-20 hp gains on 92 octane for 250+shipping doesn't have me sold.

Actually this chip had almost 22hp at the rear wheels and it is only $210 shipped.

Originally posted by SSIKORA

Actually this chip had almost 22hp at the rear wheels and it is only $210 shipped.

Ok, 22 hp...my bad...:rolleyes:

$210 alone or 210 group buy?2

210 group buy (w/shipping), 240 without group buy (+ shipping)

Originally posted by liquidx9
210 group buy (w/shipping), 240 without group buy (+ shipping)

Ok, well that's what I said originally.......

All I wanted to know, thanks.

just making sure man

Originally posted by liquidx9
just making sure man

I know, you actually answered my question.

Well as listed at minimum you had 10hp and 250+shipping....and that was WAY THE F OFF. That's all I was trying to point out...not trying to be a D**K.

22 at the wheels is at least 30 at the crank...
Does 30 at the crank sound more appealing to you 2001ExpSport?

$210 for AAT LEAST 30 HP...
Thats pretty damn good of you ask me...

Again, here is my original post.

"Unfortunately 10-20 hp gains on 92 octane for 250+shipping doesn't have me sold."

10-20 includes the 20 hp and I meant RWHP...that's what we are all talking about right? It's $250 out of the group buy, is it not?

I am sorry if I hurt anyones weak ego because I wasn't sold on the Apten chip. Not once did I say anything about anyone except the fact that I had to keep repeating myself.

I think the only one who's understood me is Black Majic. He has a great truck, I am just not sold on the chip. That's Apten's problem.

Originally posted by SSIKORA
Well as listed at minimum you had 10hp and 250+shipping....and that was WAY THE F OFF. That's all I was trying to point out...not trying to be a D**K.

Do you beleive that you will actually get the same HP numbers as black magic? Yours will likely be half of what he got. Not trying to talk you out of it but the SOHC engine is more effficient and powerful and will likely gain alot more from the chip than the OHV would. Plus, his truck is almost new.

Paying $10 per 1HP is good.

When you* spend $150-200 on an intake tube and filter, you only get a couple of ponies, but you don't think it's too expensive for the gain. When you spend $200+ on an exhaust, you don't get 20+ HP, but again you don't think that's too expensive.
I'm not trying to sell this chip or whatever, but anything that gives you ~$10 per 1HP is a great deal and money well spent.

*- the average consumer

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
Paying $10 per 1HP is good.

When you* spend $150-200 on an intake tube and filter, you only get a couple of ponies, but you don't think it's too expensive for the gain. When you spend $200+ on an exhaust, you don't get 20+ HP, but again you don't think that's too expensive.
I'm not trying to sell this chip or whatever, but anything that gives you ~$10 per 1HP is a great deal and money well spent.

*- the average consumer

Exactly what i was thinking, but too lazy to type :D...
Well said John!

Between my KKM and Exhaust, i dont think im coming close to what the chip can do... and i spent about $330.
You work out the numbers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back