Just got the Apten Chip! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got the Apten Chip!

Originally posted by Jason_25

Do you beleive that you will actually get the same HP numbers as black magic? Yours will likely be half of what he got. Not trying to talk you out of it but the SOHC engine is more effficient and powerful and will likely gain alot more from the chip than the OHV would. Plus, his truck is almost new.

well...actually I was talking to 2001expsport...and I believe he has the same engine as BlackMagic so yeah...he should see about the same numbers. This is besides the point....2001....I wasn't trying to be a d**k by any means...was just trying to point something out...and what's this talk about weak ego??? Take it easy big guy...obviously you need to try to understand when someone is trying to point something out and be an ouright arse. Whatever...like I said in the orginal post which some didn't seem to understand..not trying to be a D**K, just making a statement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry SSIKORA, wasn't trying to attack you, I was just giving you some forwarning before getting this chip. It's almost guaranteed that you won't see as good of results as Black Magic has.

Originally posted by Jason_25
Sorry SSIKORA, wasn't trying to attack you, I was just giving you some forwarning before getting this chip. It's almost guaranteed that you won't see as good of results as Black Magic has.

I know...I didn't take it as that...and I don't expect to see that good of numbers, but, I personally, have a KKM, BBK Throttle Body, and a Cat-back...so hopefully they will be slightly better than a stock OHV's numbers.

When is the purchace date because if i can get the money i want in.

Why do you think an OHV wouldn't see as much of an improvement? I would imagine it'd yield a larger improvement. Considering the SOHC is already more highly tuned than the OHV, wouldn't there be more room for improvement?

would it be worth it.... upgrading from

a superchip to this chip ?,

Are you happy with your superchip? Something tells me if you were then you wouldnt be interested in getting another brand. Did you seriously see any power increases? Or gas millage increase? Honest answer would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone please start looking at the group buy thread for further purchase/price info.

I did the chip borla exhaust and kkm intake aa well as the Jacobs ignition at the same time,so for me....it was very difficult to notice "where" the extra power was coming from ?

and as newer things come out,they are usually better designed.

just wanted to know what chip was better,I'm not about to take off the jacobs.....and then close the gap on all my plugs to stock gap {gapped at .064}just to see ?

I was hoping that someone had tried both chips and could tell us.

I noticed a huge improvement when I installed my Superchip. It was like awakening a sleeping beast. I posted about the time it cut off of my 0-60 time. Do a search and you should find it.

Ok, I just filled up this morning. Normal driving, Highway (stop & go, rush hour), City mix. That said, I filled up with 256.7 miles on my Tripometer with 15 gallons of gas, 266.7/15=17.78 mpg. So, there was not a huge increse in mpg. However, I am most impressed now with the mpg when I was getting "on it" all the time. That I only see a 1-2 mpg difference in the two tanks of gas. Let me run a couple more tanks per "2001ExpSport's" request. I will continue to up date my milage page per tank. Also as I talked about eariler. I am taking a road trip down to Sarasota, FL next week. From St. Louis, MO to Sarasota, FL. :eek:

hey black magic...i live in a little bit outside orlando and was wondering if i could meet up with ya and check out the chip for myself (or the results at least) sarasota is like 3 hours from my place and i was wondering if we could meet up on I-75 while you're passing by? that's assuming you take 75 down. lemme know how this works for ya

Unfortunately I tend to be very critical and it can sometimes come across the wrong way.

I might actually get this chip, so I am tearing it to pieces.

I want my money's worth...like everyone.

2001ExpSport Critical is the only way to be! I hate to throw money away. Beleve me I have been very happy with this chip. The shifting is great, and the added power is very nice. I will let you guys know how much milage I continue to get.

Originally posted by Black Magic
NO,no,no, that is what I am saying. I was driving the crap out of my X this week and that is why I was still pretty supprised with the mileage I got out of that tank of gas. Right now I am on course to get around 325 (+/-) out of this tank of gas. That would end up being 21.6 mpg. That will end up giving me about 5 mpg better than before the chip.

Stay tuned to see the proof and more results...

I still love all the new power! This is a great chip worth every penny! IMO

I have a few unrelated questions.

1) Is that the Saleen Wing from the XP8?
2) Is that the Diablochip from

Dead Link Removed

3) Did you notice any sound improvements from the KKM intake?

Thanks for your help,
David

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/bigballer69

:D :D

I think I can answer these.

1) Yes Matt's wing is a XP8 Wing.

2) It is based off the diablo board, but programmed specifically for your X and can be custom programmed the first time at no additional charge.

3) There is quite a difference in sound after installing the KKM. It gives the intake a unique almost growling like sound.

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport
Unfortunately I tend to be very critical and it can sometimes come across the wrong way.

And I agree with being that way 110%, but throwing in the "weak ego" comment, was a little low.
But anyways, I hope you do become convinced, because this is quite a deal. Hopefully Matt can provide you with some good explaintions/evidence and make you want to get one as well.

phat01expsport There you go... SSIKORA answered the questions for you.

Good luck finding an XP8 wing. It took me almost a year to find that one. It was new/unpainted in the Saleen Plastic. I have the complete Saleen Suspension, anti-sway bars, bushings and other stuff. Let me know if you need any help or have anyother questions. You can see most info on my truck on my home page in my signature. Or just click here.

Ok, what the Heck does this: Dead Link Removed mean? I know what the flamming and other envelops mean. But I have never seen this before. What does this mean?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like it might mean, hot folder with over 50 posts?!?!

Back