Just got my EX back, and not very happy! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got my EX back, and not very happy!

JustB_Rad

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
My Explorer spent nearly a week at the dealership for some issues. Besides a routine oil change and Remote Start installation, it was in for 4 issues.

Terrain Management System Fault -

Dealer couldn't replicate problem - NOT SOLVED

Streaky Windows -

Dealer replaced INSIDE ONLY window trim...HALF FIXED

A-Pillar Rattle -

Dealer couldn't replicate problem - NOT SOLVED, Never even touched the trim on the outside, and it's obviously not installed correctly like the driver side.

Rattle in Middle seat hinge -

Dealer couldn't replicate the issue - even though it sounds like a spring is bouncing around with EVERY small bump you hit.

The corker of it all is, when I called on Monday to see if it was done, the service tech gave me the impression they had all these parts to install, he even said he had to order a new hinge for the seat! Come to find out, almost everything was basically ingored....although this did take it for a 33 mile ride! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a lot like my experiences- the service guys get a 45 minute break while they "test drive" your car and then another break while they don't do anything to fix it.

Mine has an intermittent vibration which has been noted by multiple people at the dealership yet they have yet to do anything, even rotate tires, to solve the problem. Now they say it isn't a problem because others do it too.

Too bad we can't go to Wood Motors up in Canada, eh?

My Explorer spent nearly a week at the dealership for some issues. Besides a routine oil change and Remote Start installation, it was in for 4 issues.

Terrain Management System Fault -

Dealer couldn't replicate problem - NOT SOLVED

Streaky Windows -

Dealer replaced INSIDE ONLY window trim...HALF FIXED

A-Pillar Rattle -

Dealer couldn't replicate problem - NOT SOLVED, Never even touched the trim on the outside, and it's obviously not installed correctly like the driver side.

Rattle in Middle seat hinge -

Dealer couldn't replicate the issue - even though it sounds like a spring is bouncing around with EVERY small bump you hit.

The corker of it all is, when I called on Monday to see if it was done, the service tech gave me the impression they had all these parts to install, he even said he had to order a new hinge for the seat! Come to find out, almost everything was basically ingored....although this did take it for a 33 mile ride! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Regarding the seat rattle spring noise, I seem to recall a post on here where someone had the same problem and found that it was in fact a spring that had popped loose.

Do a search for threads about rattles and I think you might find it :)

Too bad we can't go to Wood Motors up in Canada, eh?

Actually I think you could! The Warranty on this vehicle is a NORTH AMERICAN warranty. We specifically asked what would happen if our vehicle broke down in the states and they told us the warranty was covered in all of NA. I'm assuming that works both ways.
:ca: :thumbsup:

Actually I think you could! The Warranty on this vehicle is a NORTH AMERICAN warranty. We specifically asked what would happen if our vehicle broke down in the states and they told us the warranty was covered in all of NA. I'm assuming that works both ways.
+1. It even says in the owners manual that "any authorized Ford dealer in U.S. or Canada" is approved to do warranty work. So, my question is, "Has anyone been denied warranty work" by a dealer? I've never come across this issue, so I think it is legal verbage they add to cover their butt, if something goes horribly wrong. Just like Ford recommends Motorcraft oil, Motorcraft filter, Motorcraft hinge spray, etc., etc., etc.

Back