Just got my second vehicle, and its my second explorer too | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got my second vehicle, and its my second explorer too

trodani

Reaction score
City, State
Marion, SC Lock Haven, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
I had to scrap my 98 ford explorer sport a few months ago. I loved it to death but after i finished up 88m training for the army reserves, i came back and drove the poor little explorer intot the ground. I'm proud to say I just purchased my second explorer. A 1999 Eddie bauer edtion v8 5.0 She has everthing except four wheel drive.( a huge disapointment of course, but the lesser off road capbility was a fair trade off for all the regualr driving perks)

It came from a private party, so it needs a little work and has a few problems. I'm hoping to give her a slight lift, a new cold air intake, and I'm still debating what i want to do with the exhaust. Since its my only vehicle at the moment, im trying to balance my tool to toy ratio. I need to keep my gas mileage as reassonable as possible while getting the best out of it.

Never did mods on vehicles before, so any tips or warnings, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

congrats!

only advice is to research before you ask questions because 99% of the time someone has already asked it.

you can do the bw4406 swap and get 2wd and 4 low.

5.0 explorer = bullet proof (almost) :D

congrats!

only advice is to research before you ask questions because 99% of the time someone has already asked it.

you can do the bw4406 swap and get 2wd and 4 low.

5.0 explorer = bullet proof (almost) :D

Bullet proof or not it makes the 98 sport i was driving seem meek. And thanks for that advice, I've found a lot of useful topics on the site so far.

Back