just helping a friend, and then... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just helping a friend, and then...

DV8

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Grove, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
... and then my bumper began looking skyward. i work at a very well known auto parts chain, and a friend of mine came in wanting his batteries tested in his 99 f250 diesel. both checked fine, but wouldnt start. luckily for us (or so i thought) it was a stick, so i grabbed dora, hooked a chain around the trailer balls on both vehicles ( mine in the bumper. see where its goin?) and tightened the chain. all was well and fine til he popped the clutch. when i got out, my bumper was at a nice 45° angle. the driverside bracked is obliterated, due to years of rust and the previously mentioned f250, and the passenger side bracket isnt looking much better. he tried to give me some money for my damages, but i couldnt take it, seein as how i volunteered. anybody have a spare set of brackets layin around? i'm not liking prices at lmc truck, and im not sure about the ones on ebay. :help:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

after doing some checking, i dont need a bumper, just a set of brackets, and i cant find them on ebay, just the front ones. any ideas?

LMC has a breakdown showing the bracket as an inner and outer part. The inner is $45, the outer is $23... that's each side. Or a kit for $160 that includes all the brackets and every nut and bolt for the job. Or, I have noted sometimes people selling on ebay will list items on request, so if you find someone selling a bumper, talk to them about listing brackets for you.

tired of calling junkyards. always get the same answer: no. thinking about nixing the bumper and throwing on a roll pan. found one for a 92 ranger for $110 bucks. of course, if i could find the brackets, i'd just keep the bumper..

tired of calling junkyards. always get the same answer: no. thinking about nixing the bumper and throwing on a roll pan. found one for a 92 ranger for $110 bucks. of course, if i could find the brackets, i'd just keep the bumper..

I might be able to go to a junkyard and get some brackets. I'm in TN and a majority of the exploders here aren't rusted out.

Is it just the frame to bumper brackets you're looking for?

Back