Just took Explorer on 1100 mile trip. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just took Explorer on 1100 mile trip.

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
Just got back from Hershey, Pennsylvania with the family. Had a great trip and loved Chocolate World! The Explorer proved to be a great vehicle and pleasure to drive. MFT rebooted twice during the trip but otherwise performed remarkably well.

I loved how the wife could be looking for POI on our route and I could still see my navigation on the drivers LCD.

I'd say 23 MPG is a fair number for our AWD Limited during the 1100 mile trip driving 70+ mph, however, it was nice to see 99.9 mpg rolling down those mountain hills! I was getting 27 - 30 mpg when forced to drive 55 mph during construction zones.

Lot's of looks and compliments along the way and I seen several car haulers carrying Explorers on the road.

Had two iPads for the kids with Griffin head rest holders that just Velcro around the head rest and they worked out amazingly well! When they would get board watching a movie, they would slide them out of the head rest holder and play a game or read a book we downloaded. We updated them with new games, mostly free, at each hotel stop.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great to hear!!! Were taking a trip from NJ to FL soon and we can't wait. That's exactly why we got the DVD headrests, so it should be fun... I'm hoping to get my a-pillar noise taken care of before then andcthen pray for no rain so I don't have the pleasure of a snare drum on my roof..... Lol

Glad the trip went well! :thumbsup:

Great to hear!!! Were taking a trip from NJ to FL soon and we can't wait. That's exactly why we got the DVD headrests, so it should be fun... I'm hoping to get my a-pillar noise taken care of before then andcthen pray for no rain so I don't have the pleasure of a snare drum on my roof..... Lol

I heard a very very slight a-pillar noise on my way home with the strong cross winds. It rained on the way home, not extremely hard, so I have not experienced the drum sound yet.

Lot's of looks and compliments along the way and I seen several car haulers carrying Explorers on the road...

Did you see mine?? Sterling Gray XLT? supposed to be here on the 27th? did ya? did ya?

Just did a 2000 mile road trip in my new Ex, got about 22 mpg, and at 70+ the whole time, very pleased with the mileage, No issues with the MFT or sync, it performed perfectly.

Also, love the a/c seats on a long trip

Did you see mine?? Sterling Gray XLT? supposed to be here on the 27th? did ya? did ya?

I swear I did if it was heading through Ohio, which I believe it would. Saw a Sterling Grey XLT and a White Platinum Tricoat Limited on one truck!

Good Luck!

i swear i did if it was heading through ohio, which i believe it would. Saw a sterling grey xlt and a white platinum tricoat limited on one truck!

Good luck!

yeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Back