K&N high flow intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K&N high flow intake

Reaction score
City, State
Langley B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
howcome the two auto stores in my town dont understand what a high flow intake is. am i wording it wrong or something. i dont want a cold air intake that cost 300$ i dont want a sqaure air filter to replace the stock filter in the same spot. i want the cone shaped filter with the mounting hardware to replace that enclosed box. ive seen people with it. it looks like a cold air intake but uses the existing intake hose. i know people here have them. any help?

There are a ton of options on eBay. I bought my performance cone intake filter on ebay and the mass-airflow sensor adapter together for under $30. They were not the big name K&N filters that some people have, but the one I have is great and definitely was worth it.

There are a ton of options on eBay. I bought my performance cone intake filter on ebay and the mass-airflow sensor adapter together for under $30. They were not the big name K&N filters that some people have, but the one I have is great and definitely was worth it.

+1, I bought mine off ebay for like 18 bucks shipped, works great.

Anyone that has a k&n filter on the existing intake tubing pieced it together themselves. Its fairly simple and much cheaper than the $300 FIPK kits your seeing. Go to ebay and get a MAF adapter. Pick out filter of your choice and put it all together. Another place to look is http://www.kustomz.com/. That is what im using but mine was originally from my old 4.0 ex. I had to go to o'reillys and buy a couple xtra parts to make it work for my 5.0 though.

IMG_intake2.jpg

I know.. It needs a cleaning bad :D

Mike

Back