Kaczman's Sport Trac Finished Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kaczman's Sport Trac Finished Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No spacers needed. I actually have 4.25" backspacing. Get 4" if you can but a 1/4" in either direction will be ok.

Ok. So if I get 17x9 wheels with a ~3.75-4.25 backspacing, I can fit 35x12.5x17 tires on them, and need NO spacers front or rear, correct?

That will work. I don't about the offset but my 17x8 with 4.25" backspacing has -6 offset. The same wheel in 17x9 and same backspacing has -19 offset. Hope that helps.

I like

Man, I've had a hell of a time finding wheels that will work.

So far, I've found:

Ultra Crusher 17x9, with a 4.5" backspacing (too much?)

Ultra Rogue 17x10, with 4.5" backspacing (too much?)

I dont think either of those will work without spacers, so I also can use any of these,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Wheels-/439...5&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1583&Offset=%2D12

All those wheels are 17x8.5 with a 4.25" backspacing, which should fit 35x12.5x17 tires with no spacers, front and rear, correct?

Any ideas?

Offtrac, can I get a few more pictures of your truck with the 35"s? I want to see how far the tire sticks out of the wheel well with no spacer if I go with that same backspacing and rim and tire size.

Also, do you have any MT sound INSIDE the cabin with the windows up?

Here's the best picture I have of how far they stick out. I'll try to get some more later. Keep in mind that I do have a 1.5" spacer on the rear.

IMG_3476.jpg

There is definitely more cabin noise than my all terrains had, but it's not that loud. It completely drowns out with the radio at only about 1/4 of the way up. Now, with the rear window down, there's definitely a howl.

That looks perfect. Will I need a spacer on the rear as well? I dont get how it looks even without one on the front.

You don't need a spacer. I just wanted to cut less plastic and push the wheels out more even with the front. Look closely at yours. The front hubs are further out than the rear. The rear tires tuck in a good bit in the rear.

Thanks Kaz!

And offtrac, if I DONT use a spacer, will the wheels still match up evenly front and rear in terms of being even with the space from the wheel wells?

Good luck man, that whole BS and Offset biz was really stressful when I was looking. Gotta say I really like the all black look, and those headlights look sick with it all. Love the radio too, I want to get something like that.

Thanks Kaz!

And offtrac, if I DONT use a spacer, will the wheels still match up evenly front and rear in terms of being even with the space from the wheel wells?

On a 12.5" tire, it'd probably be pretty close in terms of the wheel wells. Lucky for you, you already have spacers. Just mount them without and if you think they need a little bump out on the rear, put them on and see what the difference is.

Back