• Register Today It's free!

Key pad entry

kenpo1441

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLT
When I bought my truck I wasn't given the keyless entry code, but I was told that I could find the factory code on some module hidden in the truck. Does anyone know where this module is located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

key pad

I think the module you are looking for in in the rear of the truck, behind the pannel on one side or the other. Can't remember which.
GL
jwhawg

in the front of the jack compartment - you may need a flashlight & mirror...

You'll hear a lot of this on EF, but if you search for what you're looking for you will generally find a lot about it, most of the time faster than one can reply...

Link Ha ha ha

Hey buffalo X

Nice link !!!

You got me man !!!

jwhawg

i opened up the panel that has the spare tire jack. look into it up towards the direction of the driver seat. you'll see a small metal box with a white sticker on it. i had to pull the panel out a little bit and used a flashlight to get the 5 numbers written in big black letters on it.

mcG is correct. That's exactly whre it's at. Found mine there the same way.

thanks for the help

i think the keyless entry solution needs to be a sticky in this forum.

-=bmacd=-

i haven't looked in a while, but this and the "reprogramming" of the keyless entry pad AND keyfobs should be there...(i think they are, though)

Back