Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
Hello,

I just purchased an '01 explorer with a keyless entry pad on the drivers door. The "code" in the owners manual will not work and the guy who reprograms them at the ford place where I bought it does not work on Saturday (long drive from here). I have a remote to unlock it as well as the keys. Is there some way I can reprogram it myself or do I have to take it to my local ford dealer to get it done?

Thanks,
Brian_B

P.S. I am new here, so I hope this is in the correct area. Sorry, if it isn't.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look in the drivers rear jack compartment.. There is a module with a sticker on it.. Look for the 5 digit number on it, you'll need a flashlight & mirror possibly.. That's your code.

Thanks. :thumbsup: I can't believe how fast you replied to this. I know what I will be doing in the morning. :D

Later,
Brian_B

Blee1099 said:
Look in the drivers rear jack compartment.. There is a module with a sticker on it.. Look for the 5 digit number on it, you'll need a flashlight & mirror possibly.. That's your code.

That's great to know! Is that true with '03 as well? I can check mine, but it is easier to ask you :) :p

Andycap,....Most of the later gen 3's have the code under the dash. On the pass. side, under the black plastic 'vent cover' on top. Pry it up carefully (plastic clips) with a small screwdriver, lay your head on the hood, look thru the windshield and you will see a box (Comp. module) with the sticker on it. Once you have the fact. code, you can enter it, push 1-2 once, then enter your own 5 digit code. The fact. code will always work. Hit 9-0 after your code to open ALL locks. Hit 3-4 (I believe) to lock all doors.

To add a second code, your code, enter the OEM code, then 0-1, then your new code. It will stay there until you change it, or disconnect the battery. Good luck,
DW

Back