• Register Today It's free!

Kicker Components ?

WSUDrummer

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Park, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hey I was thinking about getting some Kicker DS650.2 components and wanted to know how good they were. I know kicker is good stuff but I dont know about the components, right now I have Infinity Reference 6812cf 6x8 so I wanted to know if the kickers would be better. The infinity's sound good and have the swivel tweeter so the imaging is pretty decent but I keep hearing great things about components what do you guys think!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8768_Kicker+DS650.2.html#

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not a Kicker fan, but that's mainly because I think their amps and subs are hideous. I don't know first hand how good or bad their components are, but I don't think they have a reputation as being really badass.

JL makes some pretty good 5x7 selections that will fit right in. I use Boston Pro60s up front and love them. They come with a 5x7 adapter plate so they will fit right in as well.

Nothing wrong with Kicker components, per se. They do work better with a lot of power (like 200 rms per side) similar to Boston and several other brands. If you want to get extremely loud at a slight expense of sound quality, the Kicker SS series are VERY good.

I like both my SS's and RS's, with RS's coming across better with lower wattage.

Back