• Register Today It's free!

KKM vs. Mac intake

Explorer96xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Maitland, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 5.0
what is gonna be the real differance between the pro rev kkm and the Mac intake. I have a 96 5.0 liter 2wd. I already have a mac catback on the truck. what performance gains should i expect from an intake kit ( money is not an issue cause i have the extra 60 for the mac)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The KKM is simply a cone filter and an adapter, whereas the Mac is a complete intake ( filter, and intake tube ).

The Mac will flow better than the stock air tube ( which you use with the KKM ).

I have had both and find the Mac quit a bit better. Plus it looks great.

Both nice intakes, but the mac intake is for show because of the chrome tube.

why pay all that money for just a filter and bracket??...go with the mac intake it also gives your engine that nice chrome air intake pipe and a much wider air filter....i own a mac for my 03 sport and its great...for pics lemme know

which flows better? and how much more flow will the chrome tube give me? will the chrome tube give me better perf. than my stock intake tube?

4point0, can i see those pics

Its not necessarily more flow as it is smoother, less restrictive, more direct flow. Mac does away with most sharp bends and also widens things up a bit compared to the stock air tubing.

any1 has a link to the intakes? i am thingkin of getting an intake ass well so i would really like to see them thanks! =]

Look on ebay ford Exploer Intakes. I bought the cheap ASMI intake for $80 shipped and I loved it. Has all the couplers, clamps and a chrome intake hose.

I heard the ebay intakes were more prone to that infamous squealing noise.

Back