klune v

splodo49

Ejection seat man..
Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT,75 FJ, 05 Cummins
will the klune v bolt up with a 95 and older ex i cant remember if the bolt pattern was 6 or 5.Or does somebody have any info on this?? i would like to know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jefe,

Are you sure a Klune V won't bolt up between the 5R55E and the stock BW T-Case? Does Klune -or anyone else - have adapters that would work?

Is there a stock adapter between the 5R55E and the stock BW T-Case? Or would I have to push the T-Case back ~6.5 Inches, etc.?

For me, a Klune V would be THE Hot Ticket!! Keep the stock T-Case and ease of use for my wife, but have my little secret lever to engage some serious crawling power... like a 67.81 craw ratio with the stock case in Low and the "Goliath" (2.7) Klune...

There's gotta be a way to make this thing work!

I know of no adapters that adapt the A4LD family to a 6 bolt pattern.

I think we tried to get Klune V to manufacture something for the explorer a couple of years ago, but theres no way there would be enough of a market for them to do it.

Even if there were adapters, because of where the transmission mount is and where the gas tank is, you would have serious issues with adding a Klune V.

I've also dreamed of putting a Klune in my truck. . .thats one of the reasons I went to the 700R4 ;)

I've never heard of any adapters but I have seen this http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/dualtcase.htm I'd like to build this myself. If I do i'm going to have my father machine that a-stub out of hardened steel instead of pressing the two pieces together. Probably not the exact same but it might give you a starting point on how to build one?

Good luck!
code

It wasn't just bolt pattern problems with a Klune V. They also didn't have the correct spline count input/output shafts.

So, I emailed Klune to see if they could provide any updated information, and here is what I got back from Julie Davidson:

"From what little info I have on the Explore, I don't know that the Klune will bolt to your tranny or t-case. The 2 basic requirments are a 6 bolt circular pattern and spline count. for Goliath we would need either 23, 27, 29, 31 or 32. 31 is a typical Ford spline. For the t-case, we can offer the same output shafts, plus 6 and 10 splines. If you have teh 25 spline Mazda tranny, it won't work. In many cases, Advance Adapters makes kits to bolt various transmissions to Jeep t-cases, such as a Dana 300 or NP231. If they do have a kit, there are possibilities.
Wish I could be of more help. If there's anything else I can do, let me know.
Thank you for inquiring.

Julie Davidson
Klune-V
800-222-3619 ext. 289"

Unfortunately, I don't know the 5R55E bolt pattern enough to know if it's a 6 bolt circular pattern. Hopefully someone else does?

Likewise, while I know the axle shafts have a 31 spline count, I don't know if that's also true of the Tranny and T-Case?

You could run a klune-v in your truck if you swapped in a c4/d20 combo from an early bronco and used a c5 bell housing. For all the effort and money you'd spend you're better of going with a new 5:1 Atlas II.

97XEB said:
Unfortunately, I don't know the 5R55E bolt pattern enough to know if it's a 6 bolt circular pattern. Hopefully someone else does?
All of the V6 explorer transmission outputs are a 5 bolt pattern and 25 spline.

Thanks for reply Jefe... potentially dumb quesion, but assuming something can be done to get around the 25 spline count issue, do enough of the Klune's 6 holes line-up with Explorer trans 5 bolt pattern to bolt it up and potentially make it work?

Back