Latest MFT Update Failed - Black Screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest MFT Update Failed - Black Screen

rtkane

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer
I just tried to do the latest update referenced in this thread. It started the update so I went inside for a bit. Came back out to a completely black screen (45 minutes later). Waiting for an hour more and nothing.

Spend 20 minutes trying to find the fuse box and after not being able to contort myself into a pretzel in order to pull fuse 29, I popped the hood and disconnected the battery. Let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes and reconnected it. No luck--still a black screen.

At this point I called Ford's customer service team and he had me try to do a key cycle and then connect an iphone to see if it'd turn the screen on. Nothing worked and he suggested I bring it to a dealer.

Figured I'd ask if anyone here had any other suggestions to get it to work... any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I did have the performance upgrade installed by the dealer a few months ago and have had minimal issues since. Should've left well-enough alone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My screen actually went black during the install as well. I just let it be and let it continue to do its thing. I could see the light on the flash drive still working.... The black screen eventually went away and the system restarted on its own and completed successfully. If you can not get it to come back to start the install over again, you will probably need the dealer to reflash it themselves.

Yeah, mine was completely stuck..no activity or anything for almost an hour and a half. I have an appointment tomorrow with service to have them fix it. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, a technical issue. Sooooo.... I have already installed it and it seems fine. Am I good, or is the car going to self destruct if I take no further steps? :)

Hmm, a technical issue. Sooooo.... I have already installed it and it seems fine. Am I good, or is the car going to self destruct if I take no further steps? :)

LOL Vince! We're still investigating; I'll let you know when I receive more info.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca :)

LOL Vince! We're still investigating; I'll let you know when I receive more info.

Rebecca

Rebecca, you should maybe suggest to your superiors that Ford pick a half dozen members from this board to be a part of regular beta testing. It seems clear that we tend to uncover a lot of problems that maybe should have been caught prior to production releases.

Rebecca, you should maybe suggest to your superiors that Ford pick a half dozen members from this board to be a part of regular beta testing. It seems clear that we tend to uncover a lot of problems that maybe should have been caught prior to production releases.

AGREED! I would def volunteer to BETA.

AGREED! I would def volunteer to BETA.

Thank you both for your interest! I'll pass along your suggestion. :)

Rebecca

Dealer couldn't get it fixed after sitting there for 2 1/2 hours this morning. Had to order a module and then spend another morning at the dealer when it comes in.

Dealer couldn't get it fixed after sitting there for 2 1/2 hours this morning. Had to order a module and then spend another morning at the dealer when it comes in.

Thanks for the update, rtkane! Please send me your VIN in a private message so I can document all of this for you.

Rebecca

Lastest update

Good morning!

There's a technical issue with the software update download file on SYNCMyRide.com, please do not install. We're working to resolve the issue. Please stay tuned to the Owner-to-Owner forum for updates on this matter.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

Rebecca

Here's the lastest from Ford Owner to Owner site. I like the "if you haven't installed it, don't!" No mention about us that have..
Nav screen was showing only top half of map. Did app. reboot and alls well so far.

"The MyFord MyLincoln Touch 3.2 software, which was shown as being available on certain vehicle configurations this past weekend, has now been removed from the website. If you’ve downloaded this software onto a USB drive, but have yet to perform the update, please do not install it in your vehicle. We will make an announcement when the update becomes available on SYNCMyRide.com".

Lastest update
Here's the lastest from Ford Owner to Owner site. I like the "if you haven't installed it, don't!" No mention about us that have..
Nav screen was showing only top half of map. Did app. reboot and alls well so far.

"The MyFord MyLincoln Touch 3.2 software, which was shown as being available on certain vehicle configurations this past weekend, has now been removed from the website. If you’ve downloaded this software onto a USB drive, but have yet to perform the update, please do not install it in your vehicle. We will make an announcement when the update becomes available on SYNCMyRide.com".

Thanks for the update, GWA1! :)

Rebecca

Back