leaf spring strap rattle

storlied

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0L V8 AWD XLT
So the rubber is completely gone that went to the top of the straps, what's an easy fix for this? I don't think you can take these off without replacing them? I don't know.. I'm just looking for a fix that can work without taking them off. Right now...lol I have two cigarette butts in each.. it actually works... lol.. but I need something rubber that's not gonna just die when it gets wet over and over. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just put a few zip ties on the top and a few on the side and it held up for about a year, so i just put new ones on. worked out for me

Good idea, for now I'm using duct tape I folded into a pad which seems to do the job.

Good idea, for now I'm using duct tape I folded into a pad which seems to do the job.

red green would be a proud man! LOL!

Lmao...

So .. I have an exhaust leak.. blew off the hanger above the torsion bar adjuster... haven't had the time or money to go to a welder... so I went to shucks and bought a quick fix... it consisted of a metal ring/strap which is adjustable by a screw.. and came with a fiberglass pad... needless to say that lasted about a month... the pad was near gone... so I found some tinfoil, folded that into a pad and re-used the ring... works better than the original setup... haha...

Back