Lease End Question Regarding Return or Buyout | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lease End Question Regarding Return or Buyout

I have opted to purchase 2 vehicles that came of lease, recently the 2014 Explorer. Unless you have some body damage or glass damage it's pretty easy to turn the vehicle into you your local Ford dealer. Ford Motor Credit (FMC) will send you a letter describing what kinds of wear or damage items that would affect the return. If you don't have any of those issues, it's simple return to the local dealer. I have been leasing vehicles for that last 20 years, it works for me.
TB

My 2016 lease is up in July, other than clean it out and turn it in to Ford, is there any advice from others that have done this in the past. Ford says to just bring it in and turn in the keys, they will examine it and send a bill if there is any damages that are found during the inspection

Frank
Hi Frank. I've merged your thread with this existing one.
I've returned 3 leased vehicle, had a friend buy one at lease end and take over an existing lease. My 2011 Limited and 2014 MKT never saw the end of the lease since the dealer gave me good deals on both before lease end when I leased again. Have never received a bill or report. There is an allowance for wear and tear and for the size of any 'dings' that you may have. Remember to delete the garage door code from the door opener assuming you have used it. Delete any 'home' info from the navigation if you have any. If you have Securicode and entered your own code it would be a good idea to set it back to factory code. At my dealership, there is a 3rd party person that comes around and checks out returned vehicles. The dealer doesn't do it. One thing I did find out when the dealer called about a deal on the MKT is that once the lease is within 120 days of lease end, the vehicle has to go back to Ford. If it before that period, the dealer can buy it from Ford and that is what they did with my last 2 leases.

Peter

Back