• Register Today It's free!

LED Head Lights

Mike02

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Looking to replace current stock head light bulbs with LED. Any info on what brand is better. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It you are talking about your 2018 Explorer, it already has LED low beams.

It you are talking about your 2018 Explorer, it already has LED low beams.
Don’t know the specifications on stock LED, looking for something a little brighter. I will check stock LED’s and find out the color temperature rating. Thanks

Don’t know the specifications on stock LED, looking for something a little brighter. I will check stock LED’s and find out the color temperature rating. Thanks
I found this in an Internet search.

What color temperature are OEM LED headlights?

ANd9GcRPPrreHBGGDZwte5VZy6iuAeVlpO5Z6T8cxfVKcds8&s.jpg

All OEM LED headlights are 6500k that's why they have bluish hint

Peter

You can't change the low beam LEDs, they are part of the entire headlight assembly.
For high beamz, I got these:

Cougar Motor X-Small 9005 LED Bulb, HB3​

Why does my URL link change to MEDIA?

Just search for the keywords in Amazon.

Fritz

1631024676202.png

I don't think you can change the low beam on the 18's. I believe they are all LED built into the housing. Maybe upgrading the foglamps would be a better option...that is if you have halogen fogs & not the LED ones otherwise your only option may be to mount some aftermarket driving lights in the grill

Looking to replace current stock head light bulbs with LED. Any info on what brand is better. Thanks
The 2018 came with Phillips/Osram 5500k lumens in your low beam only! If you want to perfectly match them with your high beam, here is your best source for true Philips upgrades. Search by bulb type, not by vehicle as they will not list for legal reasons anymore. The high beams are 9005’s. These are “clockable” but work perfectly set at “O” as the beam pattern relics the incandescent perfectly! I have these in various sizes, motorcycles h7’s, atv’s h4’s, trucks, etc and yes, my ‘16 sport. I have NEVER experienced a failure in many, many years of use on any vehicle(s). Cost’s more but you get what you pay for! There truly is no argument for the best! The quality of light, beam pattern and unbelievable improvement will blow your mind!. No canbus adapter needed for the explorer, simplistic plug and play install…

One more tip, For those of us that have the useless amber incandescent in our fogs before Ford upgraded in late ‘16, here is an inexpensive and reliable solution. I leave the “lenses” off and this too will perfectly match the color of your led low beam. These are very bright and produce a significant wide pattern. These are actually 9145’s vs h10’s so “get ready to live” 😂🤣 when you upgrade your fogs to these!

Putting those LEDs in the fog lights will make them useless for their intended use. They will be more like 'driving' lights.

Peter

Back