LED headlight retrofit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED headlight retrofit

I'm looking into possibly setting up an led headlight retrofit. Could I back feed the wires from the led lights to my headlight wires. So I can turn them on automatically? Through the headlight switch. This would be on a 97 XLT. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds cool. Me and a buddy in a Subaru were going to try doing it. Just ordering the parts and seeing how well we can make it work.

The worst part is the alignment in the actual headlight, because you can always adjust the up/down and side/side movement afterwards with the factory head light adjusters.

Do you think it was worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it was worth it. Factory headlights are very dim. I'm happy with the result.
It is expensive. (Even more since our exchange rate blows).

When I did mine, I priced doing it myself against getting it done. Price was probably close to the same.

Yes, it was worth it. Factory headlights are very dim. I'm happy with the result.
It is expensive. (Even more since our exchange rate blows).

When I did mine, I priced doing it myself against getting it done. Price was probably close to the same.

Is their website sickhids.com? If so, how does their service work? Do you send them the headlights you want retrofitted? I want leds but I want them to be focused right so I don't blind other drivers.

Yes, you send them headlights to retrofit.
Min came back with the bulbs fitted perfectly, and aiming was just like aiming stock headlights. there is excellent beam cut off, with no concerns of beam scatter blinding n coming traffic.

Yes, you send them headlights to retrofit.
Min came back with the bulbs fitted perfectly, and aiming was just like aiming stock headlights. there is excellent beam cut off, with no concerns of beam scatter blinding n coming traffic.

I'll definitely look into them then. Are you able to change out the led bulbs? And how long did the process take.

the sickhid's are hid units, not led. Im not sure if he has started retrofitting led's or not.

The process was at least 6 weeks. I think he was pretty backed up when I had mine done.

Back