LED low beam not working

2016Popo

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Police
Hi

New guy here with a problem - after fitting a new LDM and playing with FORScan.

I bought my 2016 Ford Explorer Police Utility, drove it to Texas and got it inspected. Hooray. It passed.
The free car wash after the inspection filled up the right headlight with water.
The LED low beam headlamp on the right stopped working.

I thought to myself, "Why don't I replace the Low series 1-channel LDM with another one?" as it was sitting at the bottom of the headlight unit, presumably having a bath.
I replaced the LDM which I guess is an LED controller, and now I get the following message from the Body Control Module in FORScan (and the right low beam still doesn't work)

Code: B14E7 - Right Front Enhanced Exterior Lighting System

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Not Configured

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Body Control Module

Does anyone have a clue as to what I need to do to configure the replacement LDM?

If I'm completely barking up the wrong tree, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

LDM2016FordExplorer2016.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks!

The new and old ones were the same number of channels (one) and the same part number - I don't think it's the wrong part per se, just the car can't talk to it.

At some point I'll have to bite the bullet and put a whole new headlight assembly, but that means pulling off the whole bumper, and forking out $500-$800 :(

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer but you may be interested in reading this thread; 2018 XLT Headlight Module Question

Peter

I'm not familiar with working with this item. Are the left and right ones the same? Did you get the 'new' one from a dealer? Just wondering if it is good.
Is it possible to try using the one from the left headlight? In any case, you seem to have a problem with the headlight unit letting in a lot of water. Some condensation can be normal but having an actual water level in there is not.

Peter

That's a good point - I got the replacement used from eBay - it may just be knackered.

I could probably switch the one from the left light to the right to see if that fixes anything.

As for the water, it's not great news. I think I'll stay away from carwashes!

Thanks Peter

I'm not familiar with working with this item. Are the left and right ones the same? Did you get the 'new' one from a dealer? Just wondering if it is good.
Is it possible to try using the one from the left headlight? In any case, you seem to have a problem with the headlight unit letting in a lot of water. Some condensation can be normal but having an actual water level in there is not.

Peter

Did this issue get resolved?

Peter

Hi

New guy here with a problem - after fitting a new LDM and playing with FORScan.

I bought my 2016 Ford Explorer Police Utility, drove it to Texas and got it inspected. Hooray. It passed.
The free car wash after the inspection filled up the right headlight with water.
The LED low beam headlamp on the right stopped working.

I thought to myself, "Why don't I replace the Low series 1-channel LDM with another one?" as it was sitting at the bottom of the headlight unit, presumably having a bath.
I replaced the LDM which I guess is an LED controller, and now I get the following message from the Body Control Module in FORScan (and the right low beam still doesn't work)

Code: B14E7 - Right Front Enhanced Exterior Lighting System

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Not Configured

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Body Control Module

Does anyone have a clue as to what I need to do to configure the replacement LDM?

If I'm completely barking up the wrong tree, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 321620
Having a very similar issue, but my own fault....soaked the left headlight pressure washing the engine compartment with the plug missing from the headlight assembly.

Thanks!

The new and old ones were the same number of channels (one) and the same part number - I don't think it's the wrong part per se, just the car can't talk to it.

At some point I'll have to bite the bullet and put a whole new headlight assembly, but that means pulling off the whole bumper, and forking out $500-$800 :(
Peter....is it possible to get the email of the person that posted this last year.....closest thing Ive seen to my issue....Thanks Jim
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer but you may be interested in reading this thread; 2018 XLT Headlight Module Question

Peter
Is it possible to get the email of this member....his issue is a close to mine as I have seen. Thanks

Peter....is it possible to get the email of the person that posted this last year.....closest thing Ive seen to my issue....Thanks Jim

Is it possible to get the email of this member....his issue is a close to mine as I have seen. Thanks
I don't have the email address. Although he hasn't been active here since January, you could try sending him a Private Message (Start a Conversation) to see if he is still following this forum.

Peter

I don't have the email address. Although he hasn't been active here since January, you could try sending him a Private Message (Start a Conversation) to see if he is still following this forum.

Peter
Will do.....Thanks

Back