led tails | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

led tails

speedracer g37

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt
had a run in with a railing that broke a tail light about a year ago. i ordered led tails off of ebay as a replacement and liked them. the left one was fogging up so i dried it out and sealed resealed the wiring grommets and it's been air tight ever since. the look is stock, but much brighter. the fitment and quality is as good as oem and has been trouble free so i thought i'd share.

3-17-10017.jpg

3-17-10016.jpg

3-17-10018.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those are very nice wish they made a nice aftermarket led for 2nd gen that i liked

I am eyeballing those myself. I like how its smooth unlike the stockers. I have to wait to buy them because I need to install my new ball joints (just spent 130 on a complete front set) Gotta change out differential fluids cause I am getting the chatter (or grinding/humming noise) thats common on 3rd gens. and tranny flush, coolant flush... basically the 100k mile run about lol

I've been looking at those too. I like that they're "instant on" and much brighter than stock without the ricer look. I wish I could find some with amber colored turn signals.

Will the Mountaineer units fit? They have amber turn signals I believe.

I've been looking at those too. The only thing I don't like is the reflector. IMHO, the stock taillight reflecting pattern looks kick a$$....

I remember seeing these, and enjoying the fact that they looked OEM as well.... 'till I saw the circular reflectors. If only they made the reflectors rectangular and wrap from one side to the other rather than circles. However, they are still the best looking after market taillights out at the moment.

But alas I still have a second generation. :(

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

These are mine, i retrofitted LED's in mine though. I like how clean those look though!!

Back