Left brake light & blinker wont work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Left brake light & blinker wont work?

Kevinjamesdalto

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer sport
Hi everyone Im new here as well as a proud new owner of a 2001 Explorer sport, so far so good but recently my left brake light and blinker and flasher stopped working. But all works on the right rear side Anyone have this problem or ideas on what I should do? I checked all fuses and replaced with new bulbs. Odd thing is when I hit door lock on remote the top light bulb lights up! And the running light works fine as well as reverse light. Please help me! Also when I put left directional on the blinking sound and arrow is double the speed of the right blinker which is fine. My email is kevinjames@mac.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like the flasher fuse. That would explain the double fast clicking sound. Just my thoughts I'm no mechanic.

Lt.Jim said:
Sounds like the flasher fuse. That would explain the double fast clicking sound. Just my thoughts I'm no mechanic.

Thanks I will check that fuse.

Kevinjamesdalto:

Did you fix your truck? I have the exact same problem with the exact same Explorer Sport 2001. I changed the relay, checked the fuses and checked the light bulbs with no luck.

Thank you.

Same Directional issue ?

I have the same directional issue..... Left rear doesn't flash, but left front flashes, but at twice the normal speed. Right directional (fron & rear), works fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!
Bigdog49

Back