lets talk, right upper ball joint arm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lets talk, right upper ball joint arm

brownbagg

Reaction score
City, State
grand bay, al
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
the right side is a two piece. I am switching to one piece. its gonna need the new bolt for adjustment. Is this caster or camber and how did the old unit work. also am I going have to change the bolt in both sides or just that one.

I have yet to see any write up on the right side or changing to one piece arm

The changeover to the one-piece control arm is simple. Just purchase a set of alignment cams (two washers identical to the ones on the driver's side setup), put one on each bolt in place of the squared-off, five-sided "washers" and bolt the one-piece control arm in place.

The stock bolts do NOT need to be replaced as the alignment cams are designed to work with them. Just remember to keep the egg-shaped washers in their proper position. You're only replacing the squarish washers.

Run her down to the alignment shop ASAP and you're in good order. The alignment cams will run you roughly $20-25/pair depending on where you shop.

Check out the thread listed in my signature on replacing chassis components for pictures.

Good luck!

Jeremy

Back