• Register Today It's free!

Upper control arm

csnider14

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT 4.0 OHV
I have a 99 xlt that needs an upper right ball joint so I've decided to do both sides. My question is my truck has the one piece upper control arm, will the two piece replacement work for me? Thanks in advance for your input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not unless you get both pieces for the passenger side. the piece with the bushings and the piece with the ball joint. then you may need to find the 2 nuts and the special adjuster bolt. otherwise, yes it will fit.

Thanks man. Turns out I'm an idiot and my truck does have the two piece control arm on the right side. I just didn't realize the left and right were different.

Thanks man. Turns out I'm an idiot and my truck does have the two piece control arm on the right side. I just didn't realize the left and right were different.

no problem. you can put the one-piece uca on the passenger side if you want to, or need to replace the passenger side uca bushings. however you lose some caster adjust ability. in any case, go with the Moog Problem Solvers. they're around $50 a piece from RockAuto (with the forum's discount code). i did my uppers, end-links and lower bj's last fall for about $150 including shipping. you'll probably also what the Moog camber adjustment bolt kit. i didn't install the bolt kit, haven't gotten a wheel alignment yet and so far the tires are wearing normally. i don't put many miles on that vehicle and i figure i'll worry about that when i eventually get new tires.

Back