• Register Today It's free!

Ray Leonard

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
Before I start, Alot of you will ask "WHY" My answer is "WHY NOT"
While I wait for my new ECM (was wondering why it felt like it was driving on "LIMP" mode, come to find out previous owner installed ECM from an F150) I'm thinking about lifting it 2"-4" and need pointed to right place.

Now here is the kicker and why alot may ask "WHY"!!!!

Its a 94 Explorer XLT 4.0l 2WD. Yes that's right its just a 2WD no 4x4 here

If you would please use the search function, you will find hundreds of threads on this subject. The first generation Explorers are the easiest to modify for off-road, and there are many, many of them already highly modified. Their threads are mostly located in my favorite sub-forum, moderated by yours truly, here;

You can also look in the same sub-forum you created your thread. Just type "Lift Kit" in the quick search box;

If you would please use the search function, you will find hundreds of threads on this subject. The first generation Explorers are the easiest to modify for off-road, and there are many, many of them already highly modified. Their threads are mostly located in my favorite sub-forum, moderated by yours truly, here;

You can also look in the same sub-forum you created your thread. Just type "Lift Kit" in the quick search box;

I'll have to go back through. The first time I found a ton of broken links and the ones I did check out were 4x4 models only

Aren’t the 2x models TTB also? The lift methods should be the same as the 4x models.

Back