Lifted sport thinkin about droppin her! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted sport thinkin about droppin her!

lifted or lowered

• lifted

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • lowered

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i say do what makes you happy....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as for the cost, it wouldn't cost me anything except for the new wheels and tires. I could easily sell the lift parts and make up the difference. As I said before, I like offroadind but I really miss hanging it out around turns. I also enjoy drag racing and would love to get it to the strip. I know it be faster, lower, because it would hook up, and I would also save a few hundred pounds between the steel skid plates and wheels and tires. Keep the input coming and the offers for the lift parts, it may help me make a decision!

nice explorer u got there joshuaj

yeah man, the lifted trucks definitely outnumber the street trucks on this site.

i like all types, lowered and lifted. but because i have a 2wd, i'm lowering mine. a 4x4 conversion and all that would be to costly.

do what you think is right.

as for the gas mileage, it shoudl not have dropped that significantly... at least i hope not.

you can always go to stock height and stock tires and see if you like that better. and if you do then go lower, if not go back to higher.

good luck

I'm tryin to revive an old thread here. Any more opinions?:thumbsup::thumbdwn:?

If you wheel it often, I'd say keep it lifted, obviously. Only lower it if you are going to do it right - i.e. no chrome, everything blacked out, 5% tint, black wheels, smoked headlights and tail lights, that kind of stuff. In other words "murda it out".

If you wheel it often, I'd say keep it lifted, obviously. Only lower it if you are going to do it right - i.e. no chrome, everything blacked out, 5% tint, black wheels, smoked headlights and tail lights, that kind of stuff. In other words "murda it out".

:rolleyes: "murda it out" I voted to keep it lifted, but if you do go lower, you can always go back. you tried it lifted for a while, try it lowered, you may like it, or you may not and you can always go back. :thumbsup:

"to each his own" you've done the lifted thing, try the lowered approach. Whatever works for you

yeah bro if i were you id lower it, i love the handling of cars, and when i drive my ex i feel the same way, and its not even lifted, i want to get some bigger rims and tires, and lower it a few inches.

If you're not gonna miss offroading it, lower it! I've been torn over this before but mine remains lifted because i take it offroad. If i didn't it would have been lowered already. And you have the 5.0, that's even more reason to!

well at least all the mods you did are easy to reverse , that will get you back to stock height,,
the rims could be used still, but not too many low profile 15 tires,,
i think a lowered Ex would be okay too ,

i satisfied both urges. i've got the lifted explorer to go wheelin with and the lowered ranger to go fast.

i will say this, though... dibs on the wheels if you sell them.:p:

i would leave it lifted. i lowered mine and its not worth the ride.the ride sucks .i just ordered shackles yeterday so i can take out the 2 inch block and raise it.i had lifted it with tt and autozone shackles b4 i lowered it now im doin it the right way but im giving the copper sumthin shackles a try

Here is some inspiration.

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

Mine's 2wd and a stick tho. 4.0 with a hairdryer.

I like it! How much fun is stick shift, 2wd, and boost! I want about the same stance and I have a deal right now for a set of 18x9.5 2000 cobra R rims and tires. I am trying to come up with the money for them now so I can get this thing down.

I am gonna do the tint, black headlights, and probably powder coat the wheels black also. The picture I posted is older and the truck now has all black body plastics too. I am gonna either put the stoch air dam back on or paint and install the mounty front bumper I have sitting here.

Keep the opinions and ideas comming, I love "constructive criticism".:D

personally im going the lowering route as well since i race mine at the strip. I have a 5.0 so... bolt ons and tune, shift kit and gears, and then im getting a 1 3/8 inch lowering kit from explorerexpress.com along with their bigger sway bar and edelbrock shocks.
Here are my final plans if ud like a look.
Final Plans
Wadda ya think? :thumbsup:

Looks good CP. I am tryin to go the same route. I already have the 4:10's and I am probably gonna go 2-3" lower then stock.:chug:

I like it! How much fun is stick shift, 2wd, and boost! I want about the same stance and I have a deal right now for a set of 18x9.5 2000 cobra R rims and tires. I am trying to come up with the money for them now so I can get this thing down.

I am gonna do the tint, black headlights, and probably powder coat the wheels black also. The picture I posted is older and the truck now has all black body plastics too. I am gonna either put the stoch air dam back on or paint and install the mounty front bumper I have sitting here.

Keep the opinions and ideas comming, I love "constructive criticism".:D

Quite fun actually, and fairly quick. beats up on ricers and 5.0-4.6 mustangs with ease. handles like a corvette. My wheels are 18x9.5. the truck is lowered 3 inches rear and 4 in the front. stock suspension in back with 3 inch blocks and torsion adjusters flipped in the front.

very nice!!:notworthy

I want to eventually add some boost, either blower or turbo. I had an S trim vortech on my 87 coupe stang with a 306. GOD I MISS THAT CAR!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice!!:notworthy

I want to eventually add some boost, either blower or turbo. I had an S trim vortech on my 87 coupe stang with a 306. GOD I MISS THAT CAR!!

Boost is very addictive. :bounce: i eventually want to do a 302/351w with a single turbo in my Explorer. I put it across the scales a couple of weeks back and shes only 3400 lbs with me in it, lighter than my 98 SS by 300 lbs :wtf:. I noticed that you have done the v8 swap. How hard was the wiring? only thing that is stopping me as of the moment, i have a 351w out of a 94 f150, most of the explorer accessory brackets, gotta find a intake solution to get the 351w intake to mate up to the exp upper. Got to find a 5 speed that will mate up to the 351w also, not even going to waste my time with a t-5 out of a mustang.

Sorry to clutter your thread up.

Back