Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Well... its nothin' fancy (yet), and nothin' to crazy on the off road scale... but I went riding on some country roads, windmill service roads, and combine paths after I got the rear bumper painted. I was going for beauty over balls :P lol.

RoadsideWindmill.jpg

SideWindmill.jpg

Weedsandsun.jpg

Did find a hill with a pond in the middle of this corn field... pretty strange. The farmers left a lot of this land inside the actual field untilled, so when the corn is up its like a little hide-away. Played on it for a bit. Nothing exciting though. My trailer hitch did bump the ground going up tho! :D
DSC07237.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good man! Really clean.

expstcanal.jpg

Off roading on the dune grapplers.

Just got back from the Shoe Creek trip in GWNF with a few other members. Stayed at fish foods house in VA and he has some trails to play there too. Unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures. Some of the other guys got videos and pics of me playing on the rocks but I'll have to wait for them to post up before I can get them on here.

f5c0b81d.jpg

812b19fc.jpg

7cf83513.jpg

713a11e4.jpg

Good pics, especially the 2nd picture. Your rig dominates everyone elses there. I wish i had other explorers to offroad with. I'm stuck with jeeps around here.

Just did a quick wash today since it finally cooled off to around 100. Although it was nice around 7 this morning. Afterwards, I cut up a vinyl cutting board into strips and mounted them on my roof as a barrier for my tire. I didn't want the added height of a basket.

1f4550f5.jpg

b333d9c4.jpg

9924e8c3.jpg

Cant wait for truck nationals. I gotta see the difference between 33s and 35s on sport tracs with the same stuff done to them. Your truck looks huge by these pictures.

Thanks Brent. I love the new look. The white explorer is on 36s, he's just a little higher than me. I can't wait for the show either. Starting to count down the weeks haha.

picture.php

Thanks essendon, I'm hoping closer to fall I can get some better shots, that's when I'm supposed to be getting my new tires but we'll see...

I'm still fighting to do my body lift. But, im livin at home for another month and the rents didn't like the lift kit box when they saw it... Lol.

Thanks essendon, I'm hoping closer to fall I can get some better shots, that's when I'm supposed to be getting my new tires but we'll see...

I'm still fighting to do my body lift. But, im livin at home for another month and the rents didn't like the lift kit box when they saw it... Lol.

Mine are the same way haha. My mom still doesn't understand why I put money into the truck, and my dad likes things stock although he did help me put the lift on.

Mine are the same way haha. My mom still doesn't understand why I put money into the truck, and my dad likes things stock although he did help me put the lift on.

If we look at relative cost for what I'd be getting:
I NEED new tires, ones that offer better winter and ice traction, Just so happens, Duratracs and any other comparable tire are aggressive, if I got 265's they'd be pretty darn close to what 285's cost... But then I'd need the lift. And in regards to that I NEED new body bushings anyway too. 3/8 are practically gone. So all the work to change those, I might as well do a body lift. I'm really only spending the $223 for the Body lift extra than what I would for tires and bushings.

My dad doesn't want me to do the body lift cuz he knows he'll get sucked into helping lol.

Mine were like that until I finished it all up and they liked the new look lol. Everyone seems to underestimate how good these trucks look. Granted I did about 80% by myself and with help from here. My dad helped in the oh **** moments.

Everything I can do myself I have, just with use of a lift and air tools in most cases :D

I'm trying to convince my dad he needs a lift lol

heres an updated picture of mine. a few new mods.

img0310vi.jpg

Mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Very nice Ratbiker! :thumbsup: Did you do a SOA in the rear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nah, just new leaf packs. i wish i did the SOA tho. shackles are in the mail for it also. LOL

Back