Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 96 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

35s are perfect for that amount of lift.

Very nice wildstyle! :thumbsup:

hey yall. havent posted in a while, i figured i'd update the rig. the 37's are no more, so i'll try my hand at 15" wide swampers. my 3rd set of intercos on this ole rig.

t3j1.jpg

Mine could use the 37s to fill the wheel wells a little better for sure. The new swampers look aggressive on there.

Saw this one today in Pigeon Forge Tn. I never got any closer than across the street to it. Looks like its on 33's, anyone on here??

Attachments

• 0412141603a.jpg
    0412141603a.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 911

I was going to wash my truck but...

Before:
IMG_20140411_191729_289_zpsbc9pqrlu.jpg

After:
IMG_20140411_192159_239_zpsujuqcsjy.jpg

...I'll wash it on my next day off.

The beer. Why is the beer gone??

When did you take the plastic rocker covers off? Did you fill the holes?

The beer. Why is the beer gone??

When did you take the plastic rocker covers off? Did you fill the holes?

Terrapin Hopsecutioner. Just like tools, I move them and lose them when working.

I took the tupperware off on my last trip to Durhamtown. One kept catching on the tire so I removed it all to keep from hearing it. Apparently, I left one piece laying on the trail instead of putting it in my bed so it became a permanent removal. I didn't fill the holes but have thought about a zinc colored bolt somehow. The holes don't really bother me though and I thought they would. The front part does bother me because the indentation doesn't match the body lines. I may replace it all but we'll see.

Took a trip to the Desert yesterday-
sporttrac-2.jpg

Looks better without the cladding and step bars.

I plan on removing my cladding and moving the rock sliders from the bottom of tire frame to the edge of the rocker panel/pinch welds. I'll weld the holes shut, grind them down and use bed liner across the lower section.

Hugh, looking at the wheel with the little but of mud on there they would look awesome with some dark khaki tan paint with the green paint on your Trac.

Hugh, looking at the wheel with the little but of mud on there they would look awesome with some dark khaki tan paint with the green paint on your Trac.

I had thought about it but then you did it. It's still a consideration. May get a khaki plastidip as a trial.

By the way, and kind of embarrassing, but that mud is from trying to pack down the driveway I've been building up to the house we're about to start building. I got stuck in my own driveway when I slid into the runoff ditch. But,I can also say my driveway is more hardcore than many people's trail rides. :D I got out in 4 lo reverse. Tore up the driveway in the process. Time to bring in more clay.

Oh, and I did wash the undercarriage thoroughly and the inside of the wheels, just didn't have time for a good wash.

Well lads, as promised and to earn my keep in the lifted section I'm going to be doing the body lift install tomorrow! Im super pumped. Ill post pictures as soon as I'm done.

Before and after shots of the trac put on the body lift about a 3 weeks ago!

Attachments

• 20130731_143341.jpg
    20130731_143341.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 20140320_111833.jpg
    20140320_111833.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,096

my truck looks pretty sweet with a boat finally attached to it. im going to snap some easter pics and post later tonight. happy easter everyone!

Happy Easter !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dauntless - the rear was lifted using shackles and a 2.5" leaf spring pack from superlift. Had I known I was going to go as high as I did, I would have either opted for the 4" leaf springs or doing soa conversion. Still happy with the end result though.

Do you have the part number for that 2.5" spring pack?

Back