Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Looking pretty awesome there Caseyc. Congrats!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Trac! do you have a light rack on top of that?

I did and I had the rear sport bar on it too but took both off to sell.

I like that light bar. Where did you find it?

Which light bar are you talking about? I had a yakima cargo basket with offroad lights on it and I have the roof rack cross bars with tractor-trailer trailer ABS amber l.e.d. lights mounted to it.

casey that thing is sweet! which lt kit is that? and nice rearend setup! also dgonz what paint did you use to paint your plastic? i used sems trim paint just wondering if its staying on for you?

Thanks Shooterdude199, The suspension kit on my Trac is made by Dixon Bros Racing. It's a 4x4 kit but I'm still waiting on my front extended axles to be built and shipped.

The rear is a Deaver G50E leaf pack, warrior products shackles, and Fox 2.5x14" smooth body shocks. Can't forget the bling... Currie u-bolt sliders and hyper mag diff cover.

What the brand of the roof rack amber lights. Sorry I wasn't specific haha

casey that thing is sweet! which lt kit is that? and nice rearend setup! also dgonz what paint did you use to paint your plastic? i used sems trim paint just wondering if its staying on for you?

I used Krylon fusion paint on mine, 3 coats to the bumpers front and rear and 7 coats on the side trim, been over a year,touched up once mainly because someone used my trim as a step bar, and minor scuffs from trails

I used Krylon Fusion as well. So far it's staying on great. I did scratch the eff out of it somehow and had to touch up the drivers side cladding but other than that I'm really happy with it.

I'm not sure of the brand, You can get them at any good Truck Chrome Shop. IIRC there's a couple good shops around Cinncinatti area.

yeah same here except like i said i used sems paint, its not bad. ive had to touch up the cladding on the side atleast 2 times with 3 medium wet coats each. basically everything else has been touched up as well. Im just wondering if there is any paint that doesnt come off lol. I wonder if rhinoliner would be a good idea? what about you gbeals?

Not much just a 3" body lift.
sporttrac3.jpg

sporttrac2.jpg

sporttrac1.jpg

Rebel, you should buy the clear corner lights for your truck and get silverstars, or HIDs if you dont have them, i think the amber color is taking away from the "all black" look IMO. :) haha just a suggestion. Still love your truck how it is :thumbsup:

OR, you could just get the clear corner lights without whiter headlights just for the daytime when you're not running your lights ;)

Rebel, you should buy the clear corner lights for your truck and get silverstars, or HIDs if you dont have them, i think the amber color is taking away from the "all black" look IMO. :) haha just a suggestion. Still love your truck how it is :thumbsup:

Seconded. Adding clear corners + Silverstars was one of the best mods i've done to my Trac

Seconded. Adding clear corners + Silverstars was one of the mods i've done to my Trac

Yeah i was gonna go with silverstars at first, but then
darkside1k got me interested in the HIDs, and then i got interested in the Halo projectors that you can put in your fog lights, and THEN i found out that 01Rockstar actually HAS that exact setup in his Trac, and he showed me pictures, so that's what I'm saving up for now.. Either that or some Woofers :D

If you look up above Rebel's pictures, you can look at 01Rockstars fog lights and actually see the halo rings, and there's another thread where he showed me pictures of them lit up at night, and they look awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been thinking about getting the black headlights and corners. Selling my tail lights and getting the darker ones.

Back