Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 103 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I had a couple buddy's come over two weeks ago to help me move my truck over to the other side of the driveway since I can't really work on it until atleast spring. It was definitely more work than any of us anticipated. The truck doesn't have steering (steering on the D44 is still there, just not hooked up to the truck)or brakes right now but it does run and drive. The driveway isn't flat either which made it that much more fun. Needless to say two of my buddy's were worn out from turning the 37's by hand on gravel and grass.

Once the truck was in place I noticed that my shackles on the front axle were flat and sitting on the jack mount on the frame. After doing a couple more hours of searching the web for answers for how to setup the distance between the front cross member and the rear shackles I finally found the answer over on the S-10 forum SAS section. I knew I'd likely find the answers there since the Sky Fab SAS kit I'm using is made for an S-10. I found a guy that was using the same springs and kit I am so I knew the measurements would be right.

Right now the distance between the front cross member to the rear perches is 43" and it should be 45", this explains the extreme shackle angle and the reason why they flattened out after the truck was moved around.

Since I already have the rear perches welded in 90 percent of the way and only one short bead on front cross member I'm going to cut off some of the front cross brace I added when I did the front bumper. I need to cut off 2" from the 4"x4"x3/8" angle iron brace to move the front cross member forward. This is actually kind of a good thing because I needed to move the axle forward a couple more inches anyway. The 37's will go up into the fenders if I leave the axle where it is now.

I was thinking about removing the body lift but I may just cut the pucks down from 3" to 2" when I replace the body bushings. I'll figure this all out when it comes time to install the 351w, C6 and manual transfercase. The body lift will give me the added clearance needed in the trans tunnel and engine bay.

You can see more info and pictures in my build thread here...

2003 Sport Trac - SAS, SOA started and here's a sneek peek.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good progress Rebel! I would love to have a desert ST and sas ST in my driveway someday!

Well after nearly 2 years of owning the truck. And spending the last 4 days straight in the garage, I finally got her a bit closer to the sky.

Torsion twist
Superlift rear springs
3" body lift

33x10.5x15 Bfg Mud terrains
15x8 MB Motorsports razor wheels

New Prothane body bushings all around.

Nice looking truck. Just curious why you went with 10.5" wide tires, less weight, cut though the snow better?

Nice looking truck. Just curious why you went with 10.5" wide tires, less weight, cut though the snow better?

That and clearance issues. I firgured these would give me a bit more room all around. Not to mention I got them for a decent price.

Looks like you almost did not get it out of the garage:thumbsup:
Did you already tweak the exhaust? It looks much tighter to the body than mine did after the body lift

Looks like you almost did not get it out of the garage:thumbsup:
Did you already tweak the exhaust? It looks much tighter to the body than mine did after the body lift

It actually doesn't fit in the garage, I had to put the wheels and tires on outside. :) As for the exhaust, it's an aftermarket Gibson system that was on the truck when I bought it. The weld for the hangers broke at one point and I welded them closer to the body before the lift so it's probably sitting closer than it should have originally.

I should be putting in a new exhaust soon anyways and I'll probably dump it outthe side.

Looks awesome man!! Love that when you realize the garage is now too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Wow that is one of the nicest lifted Tracs I have seen, that thing is a beast.

It's all show, you couldn't take that thing off road until you changed out the steering setup for some D.O.M. tubing and possibly a partial hydraulic ram assist steering. Also the front 4 links are tiny as hell, you'd bend them on the first ledge or rock. It's a badass truck and I like how they used the Toyota front axle that's trussed (about the most offroad worthy part on it). LOL

I like that. I've got ideas for my rear bumper floating around in my head that look similar to that.

Alright got some pics with the Mickey T's on. Lemme know what you think!

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

:D
hi. this looks awesome.
how did you achieve this look?
what did you do to get this lift?
hows the ride?

hi. this looks awesome.
how did you achieve this look?
what did you do to get this lift?
hows the ride?

Thanks, I had a 3" body lift and I had the torsion bars close to maxed. It was a 2wd. Unfortunately I sold it 2 years ago. But it rode alright the suspension was just a little stiff due to old shocks, bushings, and the torsion bars.

Thanks, I had a 3" body lift and I had the torsion bars close to maxed. It was a 2wd. Unfortunately I sold it 2 years ago. But it rode alright the suspension was just a little stiff due to old shocks, bushings, and the torsion bars.

thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

wow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

what did you do/change to get this look?
im a newbie and i know little of these.
i try to ask anyone who post nice pics of their cars.
i need your advise to achieve this look for my stock 2001 x.

i really love buckoll's and TmacTrac's set up.
they are, for me, the simplest yet most practical and functional.

no offense to others.
i don't mean to start any argument/debate here.

It all depends on what you do with it but there are some days, not many, when I wish I still only had 5" of lift and 35s, particularly after a hard day of practice or a long day at work. Getting in can be a workout now and I feel like the STs should've come from the factory 2-3" higher and with 32 or 33" tires anyway because when you have that setup they just look bada**.

But I could never go back to IFS now that I have a solid axle up front. Feels stronger and flexes about 3 times as much so for me it's a great thing to have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i really love buckoll's and TmacTrac's set up.
they are, for me, the simplest yet most practical and functional.

no offense to others.
i don't mean to start any argument/debate here.

No argument there. Different trucks will have different functions based on the owner. Mine is setup exactly to my current purposes and will change more dramatically when it becomes full toy status.

When I was in Atlanta with a two hour commute, the look you're after is what I had. 32s and shackles. It is the most versatile setup as I still got 20+ mpg and was able to get to most any location off road.

Moved to south Georgia and I now put less than 50 miles a week on it. I also have more off road needs.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

Back