• Register Today It's free!

Liftgate Actuator question

dazsherm

Reaction score
City, State
clinton, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
my liftgate lock actuator has went out.... i found some on ebay.... i was wonderin if any ofyou can tell me if this will work?
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whoa, i was wonderin how i could do something like that when i show my system, was your old actuator difficult to install?

i havent gotten a new one yet, i was asking if that one would work

noxen, um......it's a lock actuator, I don't think it will help show your system

dazsherm, one of those actuators should work fine. have you gone into the liftgate to make sure it is the actuator? not the wiring?

Robb

Dude no way that's gonna work. When it comes to your explorer, never buy anything "universal". Chances are it won't work. Our explorers have so many proprietary ford parts in them.

well ive seen actuators used to show amps and other hidden things, i always thought itd be nice to have an actuator open the glass part..you dont have to be sarcastic man, sorry

I would bet that it WOULD work just fine for the hatch. You would have to remove the old one, and figure out a way to attatch the rod to the lock. As far as for what noxen said, they can be used to open a glass pane or something, as long as it has springs or a gas shock to open it. An actuater only moves a little bit, like .5" or so, so it couldnt open the glass, but could unlock it.

I had mine replaced a couple of years ago. If I remember right it was about $35. parts & $20 labor. Guys at the body shop put it in as their labor rates are lless and it is held in place by a BIG rivett.

Back